Saturday, July 27, 2019

GROCERY HAUL


Good morning, friends!  I hope you are all having a wonderful day.  I know it is not Tuesday, but that didn't work out for us this week.  We went to Shop Rite on Thursday instead after my doctor's appointment.  I got enough for two weeks since I am going to be away for four days next week.  Don't worry, you will be coming with me.  So are you ready for the haul?  Here we go.

Let's start with the meat.



Chicken tenders, chicken thighs, stewing beef, salmon, burgers, turkey meatballs, baloney and pepper ham lunch meat.



We were all out of fries and milk so really needed those.  The eggs were on sale, so I got a dozen.  And two zucchinis.



Two bags of salad on sale 2 for $3.00.  The pretzel crisps were $1.99 each and I had a $1 coupon.  I want to have spinach this week.  And we desperately needed water.  With this heat we are going through it quickly.



Cat food for Jack of course.  Joe finished up the peanut butter so this was a must.  And diced tomatoes for a recipe I am making this week.  I really didn't need a can quite so big, but it was only 69 cents and the smaller can was $1.39.  Uh...  OK.  I'll take the big can.



I needed new bath poofs and they were only $1 each.  I also got brown gravy mix for a recipe, two packages of Kool Aid lemonade mix, a can of bread crumbs and a loaf of bread.  All out of both the bread crumbs and bread.

I also got a bag of cat food for the outside cats I feed, but that is still in the trunk of the car.

Again, I spent more than I expected to, but when I consider it's for two weeks, it wasn't that bad.

I was really surprised with the response to my "What's for Dinner" post.  I didn't expect so many of you to like it.  Thank you so much for all of your many kind responses.  Since you like it, I will be doing more of these for you.  You all really touched my heart with your enthusiasm.

Now it's time to start my day.  I have so very much to do to get ready to go to Lancaster.  If you've been reading my blog for any length of time, you know the end of July is Sister's Getaway time where we celebrate my sister's birthday and just have time to enjoy each other's company.  I look forward to it every year.  Hope you all have a wonderful day.  Talk to you soon.

Kathy



10 comments:

  1. Kathy, You can freeze the extra tomatoes from the big can. :) I have gotten to where I hate to grocery shop...I think it's our store. Hope you have a great weekend. blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your weekend and I look forward to pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a wonderful tradition. I lost my only sister 20 years ago and am married to an only child. If you are ever in need of an extra sister, I'm sure my brother will agree to my adoption!

    Just sent hubby to pick up my week's grocery order. He said he understood how my keeping him OUT of the store saves money...what he doesn't know is that while he's gone, I'm hanging out with Missouri Star Quilt Company and Amazon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It gives us ideas to see what your menus include! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good finds while getting groceries. Just got home a couple hours ago from Beth Moore event in Eugene. It was great and was with 9 lady friends from church. 8 of us stayed in the same hotel. Have a blessed weekend as you get ready for your sister getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great hall & ideas for dinners!I agree with the "sprinkle it everywhere!" Enjoy your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did good shopping! I try to shop for at least two weeks at a time too. Your meal ideas are very helpful for a lot of us. Enjoy your time with your sister. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these type of small shopping hauls. They're always so enjoyable to read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We shop whenever it suits....feeding 8 takes a lot of food!!
    I'm looking forward to hearing about your sister trip to my neck of the woods....so nice that you can keep this tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is fun to follow you to the grocers and see your bargains and deals, Kathy. I hope you and Joe have a great week. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.