Saturday, June 1, 2019

HELLO JUNE AND PHOTO CHALLENGE DAY #1 -- LEAF



And here it is June already.  May seemed to fly by but at the same time was long because so many things happened.  But now June is stretching before us with 30 days of unlimited possibilities.

Today I took Joe to a very early doctor's appointment at the V.A. Hospital.  We left a little late and got caught in a tie up on I-76 because of construction, but still got there on time.  I sat in the waiting room and read while I waited for Joe to be finished.  I am STILL reading the book "That Woman" -- a biography of Wallis Simpson who married King Edward VIII after his abdication.  I have been reading it for about 6 months and am still only 43% of the way through.  It is on my Kindle so it is my go to book whenever I go anywhere.  I have it on my phone.  Sometimes I think I will never finish it.  It is interesting and I've learned things but it goes on and on.

Yesterday a package came in the mail and Joe handed it to me and said he had bought me a gift.  Inside was a beautiful kimono style jacket.  I wore it today with a black top and dark green pants.  I think it looks so nice and is just right for summer.



I don't know if you can see how red my forehead is.  It is peeling now.  I didn't realize I got that much sun on Monday, but I guess I did.

After we came back from the hospital we ran to Shoprite for a few things.



I got Pretzel Crisps because they were on sale.  One serving is 11 crackers and it really fills you up.  Only 100 calories too.  Joe and I are really working on losing the weight.  I also got some thin sliced chicken breasts for the lemon chicken I'm making tomorrow for dinner, some brown sugar and honey sausage for me (Joe doesn't like sausage), a bunch of broccoli also for tomorrow night, a package of kielbasa (on sale for a wonderful price), a tomato and a lemon.  I like it that the store is close enough to home that I can run in there and get something if I've run out or have forgotten to get it.

PHOTO CHALLENGE
I haven't done a photo challenge in a long time.  I decided I wanted to do one this month and found one on Pinterest that sounded interesting.  The topic for today is "Leaf."  I guess mine is more like "Leaves" because I took a picture of my African violet.  I love the fuzzy leaves this plant has.



And now to get busy cleaning the house.  It never ends, does it?  Until tomorrow.

Kathy







6 comments:

  1. Love the kimono. That was sweet of Joe. I think he kinda likes you!(smiling). Too bad about the burned forehead...now if we could only shed wrinkles like we shed skin after a burn!
    Have a great weekend, Kathy. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look lovely in that kimono and that husband of yours is wonderful to pick it! I love the kimono look with a top under them cool yet covered, I choose to dress modestly and think kimono are perfect ! I love the way you’ve written about may and June,

    ReplyDelete
  3. That kimono is beautiful and fits you so well. Joe did a great job. It’s fun to gather around the groceries. I’ve been doing it since I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! The kimono looks so good on you! And so pretty! Joe really is good at surprising you. It's so convenient when a store (especially a big one!) is located so close.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the kimono is so pretty and what a nice suprise. Happy June!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet is that Joe of yours, getting you that beautiful kimono. Kathy it is so nice. Good on trying to lose some weight..the older we get the harder it is to do. But I always wish everyone well on doing it. I have tried dropping hints for my granddaughter...she may get health issues if she doesn't try while she is so young. I know for a fact they eat too much pizza. LOL. I am praying you have a wonderful month of June. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.