Tuesday, June 11, 2019

GROCERY HAUL AND PHOTO CHALLENGE #10 - UPSIDE DOWN


Hello, friends!  What a beautiful day it is here in Philly.  Sunny, warm and a beautiful breeze.  No air conditioning in yet.  I have the windows open and it's just lovely having the fresh air blow through the house.

After Bible Study today Debbie and I went to Shop Rite for a few things.  We each grabbed a cart and went our separate ways, meeting up at the food court in half an hour.  Since I got such a positive feedback last week, I thought I would show you what I got today.  It's not much.  I'm trying to go each week and get just what I need.

Eastern potatoes, zucchini and green beans.  Do you know that a zucchini has only 28 calories in a whole squash?  When we split one for dinner, it's only 14 calories apiece.  And we both like zucchini.

Two bags of salad -- Premium Romaine and Field Greens.  They didn't have any good kits today, so I will add my own dressing and toppings.  I also got some spinach and cheese tortellini.

Chicken thighs, pork roast and salmon fillets.  I almost never buy the prepackaged fish.  I wanted fresh salmon but there was no one at the fish counter.  I waited awhile and no one showed up so I got the package.

Joe eats fruit every day.  He was out of bananas and apples, so I got them for him.  He usually eats Gala apples but they didn't have any.  I got these Jazz apples.  I have never heard of them, but they looked good and I have to try one.  I also got two bottles of iced tea for me.  I drank one for lunch.

PHOTO CHALLENGE
I am still one day behind in the challenge, but I have decided not to try to catch up.  One of the days is "flowers" and I think I've shown you enough flowers.  So I am going to skip that day and it will put me back on track.  Today's phrase was "upside down."  What can I do for that?  I was totally stumped.  Until this morning when I was sitting in Bible Study and I saw all the cups on the coffee/tea station were stacked upside down. Of course!  I didn't get a chance to take a picture of them, but I took one of my cups when I got home.


Are they upside down?  Or right side up since the writing is the correct way on the bag?  What do you think?

And now I'm off to do some things around here.  Always something to do.  Talk to you tomorrow.

Kathy





7 comments:

  1. Sounds like some healthy eating at your house! That is strange the cups are upside down and the writing is right side up lol,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds a bit like my last shopping list except for the fish. You're eating healthy. Good for you. You have a wonderful evening. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea for upside down. No AC needed in Philly? I nearly considered hauling mine out yesterday, but think I may do all right for the next week. I like peeking at other people’s groceries. I’ve probably told you that before. Hope that Joe is feeling lots better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was able to get a lot of my bigger,heavier items. Thank you,Kathy! I surprised my hubby with ice cream! He works so hard. Our a/c's been in because of the dogs,one is in her crate. Totally enjoyed the day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your groceries do look yummy. Especially thise bananas. Zucchini is so very versatile too. Your photo challenge looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your photo challenges, Kathy, and had to backtrack through your posts to catch up. Hope that Joe is feeling better and that his upcoming surgery goes well. Thanks too for your recent comment on my blog travel posts. Some days it’s hard to keep up with posting and reading😕

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where or what Photo Challenge do you follow? I love Photo's and Challenge's. Cleaver upside down!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.