Sunday, June 16, 2019

MEN'S BREAKFAST AND PICTURE CHALLENGE #13 - SHADOW AND #14 - RED, WHITE AND BLUE


Hello, friends!  I haven't forgotten about you.  It's just been really hard to find time to write.

Yesterday was the Men's Breakfast at church.  I took Joe over and stayed a little bit to get some pictures for our facebook page.  I thought I would share them with you also.

The tables were set so nicely.


And like the ladies had for their brunch last month, there was a program at each place.


When we got there, Pastor was struggling to cook the scrapple.  Joe went to the kitchen and was drafted into taking over.  He didn't mind.  Does he look like he minds here?


There was coffee, tea, water and juices to drink.


Lots of fellowship before eating.  Carolyn came over with some food so I wasn't the only woman there.



Rick made a great fruit salad.


Rick, Joe and Pastor Wayne, our former pastor, who was the guest speaker.


Lots of food.




When they began to eat, I left and went home.  Joe called me about 2 hours later to come pick him up.

He wanted to get a haircut before his surgery on Tuesday, so I drove him to the Super Cuts that he likes to go to.  There were a lot of people there, but there were three people cutting so it moved really fast.

When he was finished, we went next door to the Japanese restaurant and got food to go.  Then we headed home.

Joe had just eaten and wasn't hungry, but I was and ate my Sunshine Sushi.  It was so good.  I love mango.

I was really tired and ended up taking a nap all afternoon.  Dinner was easy -- hot dogs and fries.  Not the healthiest dinner, but I've been so good for several weeks, that every now and then I can have a dinner like this.  I was still below my calorie count for the day.  I'm still losing weight and I hope to keep on to meet my goal.

PHOTO CHALLENGE
The word for Day #13 was "shadow".  What a hard time I have had with this.  I just could not find an interesting shadow.  I spent over an hour looking through old photos to find something and finally came up with this.  It's not very good, but at least it's something.  The trees are shadowed against the sunset.


The words for day #14, Flag Day, were appropriately "Red, White and Blue".  So of course I needed to show you a flag.


And now I have to go.  I hope you have a wonderful day!

Kathy


4 comments:

  1. All that food is making me hungry! it looks so good. Your photo challenges are coming along nicely. You have a wonderful day, and Happy Fathers' Day to Joe. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice way to celebrate the men at your church. The sofa area looks so inviting too! Love all the photos. Wishing you a wonderful day, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That photo you took of the shadow looks really cool! Hope you had a good Father's Day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The food looks so delicious. Love the shadow photo! Happy Father's Day to Joe. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.