Thursday, June 13, 2019

IT'S CHILLY TODAY! AND PHOTO CHALLENGES #11 - JEWELRY AND #12 - FLOWERS



Hello, friends!  Did you see Philly featured on Good Morning America this morning?  Wow, it was quite an honor to be the first of their pop-up programs that they are going to be doing around the country.  And Philly presented itself well, too.  Joe tried to get us tickets to go, but it was hard to do and he didn't succeed.  Just as well since it was POURING rain and chilly.  It was so cool in the house that I closed all the windows and put my little stove on to warm up the room.  I am wearing a long-sleeved top and glad I am.  It's getting warmer as the day is going on, but this afternoon we are supposed to have another downpour and it will get cool again.

I am sitting at the kitchen table watching the birds at the feeder.  There are a lot of sparrows, four mourning doves and I just saw a female cardinal.  The mourning doves think they are the size of the sparrows and can get to the seed.  Nope.  They are standing on the bench, though, and are on the ground eating the seed that dropped and drinking water from the puddles.







I was so chilly this morning that I made myself a cup of hot tea.  I haven't done that in weeks, but it tasted so good.  I'm thinking about having another cup.  I was sitting here watching some vlogs as I finished my breakfast.



Yesterday was a bad day for me because I was in so much pain in my legs and back.  Today is a little better so I am going to try to get all my dishes washed and scrub the stove.  It is a mess!  If I am still feeling OK, I want to clean out another shelf in the refrigerator (I will probably wait until Joe gets up to help me with that) and clean off the kitchen table.  Another job that needs doing over and over.  Items just seem to accumulate there.

PHOTO CHALLENGE
I am doing two of the challenges today.  Then I will try to do two tomorrow and be caught up.  The first one, #11, is "jewelry".  I knew I wanted to show you this ring because it has a great story behind it.  At first I took the ring on my hand, but my hands look awful!  I think I might be getting old.  So I just laid it on the table.




A few years ago Joe was in Walmart and saw this ring.  It is my birthstone and has diamond chips around it.  He wanted to get it for me and saw it was $147.95 marked down to $82.50.  It was a little out of his price range, but he really loved it and decided to splurge because that was a huge markdown.  When the lady behind the counter waited on him, she told him the ring was on special and it was $45.00.  Even better, thought Joe.  He said he would take it.  When she rang it up, it came up $32.00.  Because of the difference in price she called her manager.  The manager explained to Joe that the lady waiting on him was a trainee and must have hit the wrong button on the cash register.  She canceled everything out and rang it up herself.  "That will be $18.75." she said.  "Are you sure?" asked Joe.  "Of course I'm sure," she replied.  So Joe took the ring and thanked them.  When he gave me the ring we laughed about it.  So here is my $147 ring that Joe got for $18.75.  I love it and wear it a lot.

Now for Photo Challenge #12 - Flowers.  I told you I wasn't going to show you any more flowers, but I decided to anyway.  The beautiful flowers Joe bought me have mostly died.  But last night I rescued those that were still good, cut them down, and arranged them in a smaller vase.  They are still so pretty.




I have had my break, so I am going back to cleaning now.  I hope you all have a nice day.

Kathy








13 comments:

  1. Wow, That’s a beautiful ring and what a great price! 8 days til summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your pain has eased Kathy. What a deal on your pretty ring. Oh I am not ready to be into summertime yet . I want it to last a long time. Blessings to you and Joe, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your jewelry story! It's a fun to to share...we all feel good knowing Joe got such a great deal for something so beautiful! And of course, made you feel special and loved too! Doesn't get any better than that!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat story about the ring!! lucky you to own it. It's been a bit chilly here too. But I did some baking this afternoon and that warmed me up =)
    I'm enjoying the photo challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful ring and it looks best worn. 🙂 I am trying your technique for refrigerator cleaning. So far, it’s working well for me as long as I remember not to allow items to migrate. Your making me want a hot cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the ring story! Makes it even more special.The flowers are still pretty especially set next to the shell.You gave me a chuckle with the Snoopy ending. Woodstock in his nest is so adorable! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our weather in the Midwest has been chillier than typical too. And we've had lots of rain. I can hardly believe I've been wearing a jacket in June and turning up the heat in the car and house.

    That ring story is quite interesting! One I'm sure you've both enjoyed telling. That is such an incredible deal... he definitely couldn't pass that up! It looks lovely on you!

    Happy almost Summer to You!!! Blessings, Net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your ring is beautiful. There's nothing quite like getting something you love for a really great bargain! My kind of shopping. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you are feeling better Kathy and that the weather warms up on the weekend. The story behind your rung was fun to read and glad you enjoy it so much too. (FYI the previous comment looks like spam.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I saw it and deleted it. For the second time.

      Delete
  10. What a bargain on that gorgeous ring, I love the color.
    Your flowers are so pretty, and your little feathered friends seem happy and well-fed.
    Hope you have a lovely weekend Kathy!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love a bargain and to get a beautiful ring for his wife was a sweet story too! I hope you're feeling better. We've had cool, rainy days too...it's pouring outside now! It's fun to watch the birds at the feeder and enjoy a cup of tea. I hope the rest of your weekend is good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.