Wednesday, June 5, 2019

MAKING MUFFINS AND PHOTO CHALLENGE DAY #4 -- SOMETHING ON THE WALL



Hello, friends!  Sorry I missed yesterday, but I was just beat.  It seems if I have one productive day, the next day I can't do anything.  Yesterday I kept falling asleep.  And I had a headache all day.  Joe is still sick so I tried to take care of him but didn't do a good job.  *sigh*  I was so tired that I sat at the kitchen table to make out my shopping list and fell asleep for 30 minutes.  I like to go food shopping on Tuesday so I get my senior discount but that just didn't happen.  I didn't even get dinner.

It is such a beautiful morning.  I love sitting at the table looking out at the bird feeder.  It looks as if they have gone through the entire feeder of seed already.  It gets expensive keeping it filled.



Look! It's a mourning dove sitting on top of the hook.



Today I am feeling better and more energized so I decided to make muffins for breakfast.  It is something I haven't done lately since we are trying to go low carb but I was just craving them.

With my back and legs getting worse and more painful all the time, I don't make my muffins from scratch much any more.  But the Jiffy mixes are good.  I had one box of apple cinnamon -- my favorite.



I usually put paper cups in my muffin tin, but Joe told me last time that he has trouble with his shaking hands to take the paper off so I decided to just spray the pan and do them that way.



It was easy to do.  One egg and 1/4 cup of milk added to the mix.



Since the mix made only 6 muffins, I found another box of mix for corn muffins and made them.  Another egg and 1/3 cup of milk added to this mix.  And another 6 muffins made.



After I had the pan filled, I looked at the boxes for the baking times.  The apple cinnamon was 12-15 minutes and the corn 15-20 minutes.  Oops.  I decided to just do 15 minutes and popped them in the oven.



While I was waiting for them to bake I worked on my color-by-number picture for today.  I love doing those pictures.  But then I've always loved to color.



The phone rang and it was "Tyler on a recorded line."  He asked if I could hear him and then hung up.  I guess he didn't hear me.  Especially since I didn't say anything.  😄



I finished the picture just as the timer rang to tell me the muffins were done.  Good timing!



 The muffins are done.  I always use my offset spatula to take them out of the little cups.



They are cooling now.  The corn muffins are on the left and the apple on the right.  They are a little browner than I would like, but they are not burned and that's good.



As soon as I finish this I am going to eat a couple of them.  Yum!

PHOTO CHALLENGE
The subject for yesterday's challenge was "something on the wall."  Wow!  I had so much to choose from.  I went back and forth on what to show you.  But I ended up with this verse that is hanging above our piano.  Joe found it in Ross a couple of years ago and wanted it so badly that we got it and hung it up right away.  I look at it every day.  Such a good reminder.



And that's it for now.  Hopefully tonight I will be back with another post for today's photo challenge.  See you then.

Kathy




7 comments:

  1. So sorry that both you and Joe have not been feeling so great. Yes, feeding the birds is expensive. I’m glad that my neighbor does it for me. I do really like mourning doves with their soulful coos not to mention the color of their “coat.”

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your coloring page. It's beautiful. I also love that photo of you and Jack that you posted before. You look happy and Jack looks quite content. Those muffins look delicious. I hope you and Joe feel much better soon. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed seeing your pictures today and especially those muffins...they look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The color by number picture is beautiful! I don't make muffins very often. We used Jiffy mixes a lot at the nursing home where I worked. Just a few steps and then the fabulous smell of fresh muffins =) LOVE the picture/verse on your wall.
    Hope you are having a good evening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ove the morning dove! Perhaps there may come a day to send muffins through emai? (sigh). They look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an interesting blog today! A little of everything. Great pictures. You use your new camera well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.