Friday, June 7, 2019

TARGET HAUL AND PHOTO CHALLENGE DAY #7 - WATER


Hello, friends!  Here it is the end of the week already.  I don't know where the time goes.  Today Joe and I were going to go out.  But he wasn't feeling well... still.  I will be so happy (and so will he) when this surgery is over.  It's just a minor thing so don't worry but it's annoying because of the pain he is in.

So instead of Joe, I picked up Donna and we went to the new Chinese buffet that Joe and I had visited last week.  Today they had a big sign out front that said "Grand Opening" and inside there were quite a few people.  Donna really liked it too.  Today I had some more of that great Egg Drop Soup.  Then I got a plate with two pot stickers, some rice noodles, a Spring Roll, chicken and broccoli, a little bit of pepper chicken to try it and three onion rings.  Onion rings?  I like onion rings!  The pepper chicken was delicious.  Sometimes it is very spicy, but this wasn't.

When we were finished eating, we headed over to Target.  Donna wanted to get some things for her cat and I still had the gift certificate my sister had given me for my birthday.  I thought I would use it to get a new summer purse.  Also, I saw in an ad that they had a "selection" of summer dresses for $15.  As usual, I was able to take a few pictures to show you.

I loved these red, white, and blue pillows.  So summery.  I really wanted to get them but I have so many pillows I knew I didn't need them (or have a place to put them) so I didn't.  They sure are cute, though.  I may be rethinking this.



Or how about a pillow shaped like a campfire?  Uh... no.



I found the purses.  They didn't have a huge selection and though there were several that I liked and would gladly have bought, they were way too expensive.  I am very hard on my purses and I didn't want to spend $40 - $60 on something that would probably last me only a few months.  I am going to look on Amazon and see what I can find.  Or maybe take a run to Walmart.



There were all sorts of fun patriotic things for sale in the Dollar Spot.



And look at this cute little red, white and blue wreath.  I got one and am going to use it as a candle ring.




Look what else I found.  An entire bin of patriotic sunglasses!  I was going to get the one on top, but it looked too much like the pair I already have.



So let me show you what I got.

Patriotic socks.  But not so patriotic that I can't wear them year round.  Sorry the picture is a little blurry.



Here's that cute little wreath that I am going to use as a candle ring.  I'll leave the hanger on, though, in case I want to use it as a wreath next year.



I got a pair of sunglasses.  They cost $1, ten times what I paid for the other ones.  Ha, ha.



And I found a dress I liked.  It looks like a top here, but it really is a dress.  It comes down to my knees.  Honest!


Best of all, I still have some money on the gift card.  This is a happy girl.  Thank you, Elaine, for my gift.

PHOTO CHALLENGE
Today's word is "water" and I knew exactly what I wanted to show you.  Just about two miles from my house is Pulaski Park which is built on a pier jutting out over the Delaware River.  Donna and I had been wanting to go there for a long time and we never did.  Today was the day.  After we left Target we headed for the park.  Donna stayed in the car while I went out to get the picture.  Well, pictures because I took four and I can't decide which one I like best.  So here are all four for the photo challenge today.

That's New Jersey in the background.  Wave hi to all the nice Jersey people.





I love the way the water looks in the second and the last pictures.  I wonder what this old pier was used for.  I'm thinking it was the import business since Philadelphia has always been a major port city, even from its earliest days.

Lots of people were fishing in the Delaware River when we were there.  It's so polluted I hope they weren't planning on eating what they caught.  At any rate, I think the Delaware can be the water in today's challenge.

I hope you all have a good night.  I'll be back tomorrow with my next photo challenge.

Kathy



8 comments:

  1. You found some good deals! I like Target but don't get there often because I am rarely in the mood to drive 30-40 minutes to get to ours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute things you got! I like the wreath being a candle ring. I agree about the 2 water photos. There is something about the water...I applaud your restraint on the pilow purchase!They are cute. However there are many things I bring home then wonder where I'll put them. feel better Joe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, those two pillows would of jumped into my basket!
    Photo Challenge: I like the second one, because of the reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your finds and they sure had lots to choose from. Our Target is a pretty far drive away so I dont get to go there often either. I especially like the little wreath. Happy Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your new sunglasses. I love the patriotic pillows but should only buy pillow covers now...I have TOO many pillows! Fun to change them up though. Hope Joe feels better for the weekend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We’ve both been hanging out in Target aisles. I didn’t see any cute sunglasses, though. The water shots are great. I am sorry that the river is polluted. It’s being remedied I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos of the river. You certainly found some terrific bargains. I love those sunglasses. They'll be great to wear to the July 4h parade. You have a great evening, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your 2nd water photo the most. Good finds at target. $30 is about my limit for purses. I want to change purses soon. I've pulled out my dark purple purse and see if it gets too heavy to carry. Heavier than the Baggalini purses I have. I get them at Tjmaxx as they are cheaper there than in other stores. We have one in town. I didn't know Joe had surgery. Haven't read all of your posts lately. Praying his pain goes away soon. Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.