Friday, May 31, 2019

DATE DAY -- SAMPLING A NEW RESTAURANT


On Wednesday I took Joe to meet his new surgeon.  Yes, Joe is having surgery in two weeks.  Nothing serious, but serious enough.  We both really liked this doctor and it sounds as if he has done a ton of similar surgeries.

After we left we were both hungry.  We debated about where to go.  A Vietnamese restaurant nearby?  I love Vietnamese food but Joe has never had it.  Wawa for some hoagies?  Home so we don't spend money we don't have?  We ended up going to a new Chinese buffet in our neighborhood.

It used to be the Super China Buffet.

Image result for super china buffet aramingo
Image result for super china buffet aramingo

It was a good place but sort of run down and tired.  And in the end the food was going downhill too.

It is now Aramingo Buffet.  I don't have a picture of the outside, but it is all spruced up.  We went in the entrance which used to be the exit.  We used to pay after we ate but now we paid before.  But what a beautiful place it is now.

I started out with my favorite egg drop soup.  I loved the bowls they served it in.  And it wasn't salty at all.  Apparently this is a low salt restaurant.  I like that.


There was a whole table of American food which Joe opted for.  Except for the egg rolls.  He had a pot roast, corn on the cob and mashed potatoes.


No more booths.  Everything was so pretty and super clean.


For his second plate Joe went to the salad bar.  He got fresh veggies and a side of melons.   I opted for more Chinese food.  Chicken and broccoli, glass noodles, a Spring roll, pot stickers, fried chicken and a sesame ball.


It was nice having a lunch date with my hubby.  The food was good, it was clean, the wait staff was pleasant (although they didn't speak much English), and we will be going back.








6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a interesting place, It looks nice. I really like booths though (sigh).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really good too! I’m sorry to hear Joe has surgery coming up, I will keep him and you as well in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice that they have selections that everyone will like! Looks good! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I miss the different buffet places that we used to have. My hubby and I used to eat at them often. Alas, with the passing time, they have gone by too. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It just amazes me, all the wonderful and different restaurants you have close by.
    I don't think there are enough days in a month to try all of them.
    Speak of month, I flipped my calendar and thought of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do have lots of variety in your culinary experience. That plate looks interesting enough that I am intrigued, though I am too fussy to enjoy much exotic cuisine. Sorry that Joe is having surgery...hope that it doesn’t mean a long hospital stay...probably not...not many get to be hospitalized these days.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.