Sunday, June 23, 2019

SUNDAY AND PHOTO CHALLENGE #19 - REFRESHING AND #20 - BOOK



Hello, friends!  This is going to be a very short post.  I didn't get to church today because I needed to stay home with Joe.  But it's just as well because I am feeling awful.  I have a massive headache which is starting to go away since I took some aspirin.  I took my blood pressure when I went to Rite Aid for Joe this morning and it was very high.  I think that is what is going on.  I am trying to do nothing today and rest to see if I can get it to go down.

Joe is doing better every day.  He has a ways to go, but so much better than he was a few days ago.  Thank you so much for your prayers and good wishes and keep it up!

On the way to Rite Aid I passed a house about a block from where I live that is getting a face lift.  I wish I had taken a picture before this, but at least I have this.  It is a brick house, but obviously they are putting a new coat on it.  You can see it's wrapped in some kind of under sheathing.  I love brick so I don't know why they would do this.  Nevertheless it will be interesting to watch and I hope to take a picture every few days so you can watch the transformation with me.  Here is what it looks like today.  As you can see a lot of the houses in this area (including mine) are three stories tall.



PHOTO CHALLENGE
I have another two photos to show you today and I hope to have two more tomorrow.  Day #19's word is "refreshing".  When I was at the store I bought Joe a bottle of ICE.  He likes the mango orange.  It sure looks refreshing on a hot day.



And for Day #20 the word was "book".  I decided to give you more than one book.  How else would a librarian think?  Here are the top two shelves from Joe's bookcase.  Between the two of us there are plenty of books in this house.



And that's it for today.  Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday and enjoy this beautiful summer weather.

Kathy

2 comments:

  1. I like Ice too! I prefer the kiwi/strawberry & pink grapefruit.Can't wait to watch the house's progression.Looks interesting. Pease take care of yourself while you take care of Joe.Caregivers need care too! Hope all feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of ICE but it looks good and refreshing. I'm behind in blogging and blog reading so I had to go back and read your previous posts. I'm sorry Joe had to have surgery. I work in surgery and when patients are late we get worried but I think somebody dropped the ball on your hubby's surgery call! Glad he's recovering and didn't have a blood clot. Take care of yourself and watch that BP!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.