Friday, January 15, 2016

ANOTHER PHOTO FRIDAY

After a very busy day yesterday I did NOTHING today.  I slept a lot but that's about it.  I woke up feeling lousy.  I think I may be catching Joe's upper respiratory infection.  I was supposed to go to the pension board today, but called and told them I was sick.  I was coughing so hard that I had trouble talking.  The lady I talked to was so nice and said everyone there was taking their turns being sick too.  She is going to mail information to me and I just have to mail it back to them to get my pension started.  I will have to go down there in a couple of months to sign final papers, but at least we can get things started.

Besides that I just slept most of the day.  I think I overdid it yesterday when I was feeling good.  But hopefully I will feel better tomorrow to get things done.

I really have nothing to tell you today, so I will show you my picture for Photo Friday.  Philadelphia is an old city, but the neighborhoods are of differing ages.  Bridesburg, where I live, was settled in the early 19th century.  The houses here reflect that.  This is a picture I took of some old row houses a couple of blocks from where I live.  I also live in a row house, but there are no porches in my block.  There are all different styles of a row house.  Thought you would like to see these.


Some people would find it difficult to live so closely with their neighbors, but we just think it is normal.  I would find it strange to live in a house in the country.  It is amazing how versatile people are.

See you tomorrow.

Kathy 

4 comments:

  1. It is interesting how comfortable each of us is in our own patch of the planet. I like seeing photos of houses in other cities and counties.Really neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy, I sure hope you are feeling better today. This cold back to warm temperatures doesn't help us to stay well. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Row homes work great in the winter. Shared warmth on 2 sides and 2 sides exposed. I still like my new modern home here in Doylestown, Pa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed living in the country when I was growing up. I've since then been in closer to people. Our next door neighbor is right there...well 100 ft maybe? It's mostly good. In a small town. Row houses look nice. Once I got lost in St. Louis, MO and drove down a neighborhood to find directions and there were nice brick row houses. Yes, the lady I talked to said I was going ok....and she just kinda shook her head at me and smiled when I said I was making sure I was going in direction of airport....sigh! Hope you get caught up on sleep and no getting the cold bug that's been hitting us as well! God bless and prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.