Wednesday, October 7, 2015

BACK TO WORK


I didn't want to go back to work since I was still feeling lousy, but knew I had to do it.  Besides feeling really tired around 2 p.m. and my voice coming and going, I did pretty well.  By the end of the day I was wiped out, but glad I had gone in.  We had enough people in today that I didn't go on the front desk at all.  I sat at my desk and caught up on things.  I am trying to show my co-workers things that I do.  I tell them it's only 8 1/2 weeks and I will be gone and they have to learn these things.  Their response?  "You're only a phone call away and you live so close you can run over here and show us."  O...K...

Our new part-time assistant is doing so well.  She has really caught on fast and knows when to ask for help rather than guessing.  So I made myself available and ran out to the desk when needed.  It worked out great.  I am feeling even better tonight so tomorrow I will put myself on the desk for a couple of hours.

Because I am still not feeling 100% Joe cancelled Bible study tonight.  I cheated and had TV dinners for dinner tonight.  I just could not cook after working all day.  I want to put something in the crock pot for dinner tomorrow because it is a late night and I won't get home until 8:30 p.m.  I know I won't feel like cooking.  I'm thinking I'll do my potatoes and chicken.  That always turns out good.  Then all I have to do is throw some frozen veggies on and dinner is ready.

Speaking of crock pot -- I saw a recipe today for bread made in a crock pot.  I've never heard of such a thing.  But you know I'm going to have to try it.  Maybe this weekend.

I did a little more decorating before I went to work but haven't taken any pictures yet.  I'll have to do that soon and show you.

I wish I had more to share with you, but that's about it for today.  Tomorrow morning I take Joe to the doctor for a check up and then go to work.  I know it will be another exciting day.  

I need to sleep.  I mean really need to sleep.  So until later...


Kathy

60 days to retirement

2 comments:

  1. How precious is the photo & verse at the end! Totally adorable. Glad to hear you're feeling better.
    Still....don't overdo.The assistant sounds like a dream. ....A phone call away? Really?
    I'm tempted to ask for a doggie bag of that chicken. Sounds yummy!
    Take care of yourself & have a sunny day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you are not 100% yet, so take care of yourself. I do hope your co-workers will step up and learn all that you do, so you DONT have to get those calls to 'come quick' after you retire. Hope today is good for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.