Monday, October 5, 2015

STAYING HOME

I woke up feeling horrible.  Massive headache, sore throat, fever, upset stomach.  Yuck!  I got up to take a shower, but ended up laying back down for about an hour.  There was no way I could go to work.  I called the doctor and left a message for her.  This was 9 a.m. and she didn't call back until 5 p.m.  But she gave me some zofran for the nausea and an antibiotic for everything else.  I'm supposed to have only liquids for a couple of days.  But I'm hungry and I ate a piece of bread dipped in olive oil.  Now I'm sorry.  Yuck! (again)

I think I mentioned earlier that the father of our friend Krystal passed away last week.  Joe called her today to see how she was doing and found out that the funeral was today.  It was outside of the city so we tried to get Joe a ride but there was no one available.  So I ended up driving him even though I felt awful.  But I'm glad I went.  It meant so much to Krystal and her mother Ruth.  We were the only ones from church that showed up.  Joe has a real heart for the people over there.

On the way up we had the low tire pressure light go on.  So when we got home we took it to our mechanic who is just a few blocks away and he was able to fix it.

When we got back we went to Shop Rite and to Rite Aid to get my medicine.  I had called in the order to Shop Rite so all we had to do was pick it up and pay for it.  There are some weeks that I just have to do it that way.  There is no way I could have walked around that store today.

I've taken my first dose of medicine.  I know it will take more than that to make me feel better.  I have already cancelled Bible study tomorrow and I am thinking of staying home from work again.  I'll see how I feel when I get up.

Joe is having a guy come from the VA to fit him with his new C-Pap tomorrow morning.  That is why I wanted to clean so badly because I have just been throwing things around since I wasn't feeling well.  The place is a mess and I really mean it.  I don't know how I am going to get everything done.  I may just throw everything in a trash bag and stick it in a closet until the guy leaves.  Hmm....  That actually sounds like a good idea.  Then I can go through things in the next few days when I'm feeling better.  Hmm....

I have to go back to sleep.  I'm just so tired.  I'm sleeping so much, but I guess I need it.  Good night.



Kathy

62 days until retirement

6 comments:

  1. Shhhhhhhh!
    Did I wake you up?
    Just wanted you to know that I'm praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you are having such a tough time! Rest.....
    Love and prayers from Texas.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it touched Krystal deeply to have you & Joe there.I am keeping the family as well as you in my prayers.Rest & get well my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sending you positive vibes to get better, I am sure you will feel fine soon... all the b est J

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.