Sunday, March 20, 2011

STEW FOR YOU!


Stew for you! was the theme for this week's farm pickup.  Seems funny because I just made a stew.  Guess there will be another one coming up.  Different, of course.  This week we got:

           A bag of pea shoots (love them!)
        White button mushrooms
        1 lb. organic multicolored carrots
        2 lbs. organic russet potatoes
        A jar of pepper jelly
        Huntsman cheese
        1/2 gallon of milk (in the wonderful glass bottle)
        1/2 lb. of Amish butter
        1 lb. of grass-fed beef cubes
I also bought two sweet potatoes at the farmer's market area.

I was amused by the shape and color of the carrots.  I've never seen any like them.


Aren't they strange?  It will be fun to use them.

And what to do with Pepper Jelly?  I've never heard of it and haven't the foggiest what to do with it.


Oh well.  I'll figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.