Saturday, March 26, 2011

WEEKEND

The weekend is finally here!  I am so happy to have a day off tomorrow.  I worked today, but it was so much calmer than yesterday.

I began the day by getting up early and putting together a stew in my crockpot.  That way when I got home tonight dinner was ready.  I used the things I got at the farm last week.  It turned out really good.  There's not much left.  Joe loves stew, so I think the leftovers are for him.

When I work on Saturdays I stop at The Pretzel Factory on my way in and bring soft pretzels and mustard in to work for everyone to share.  I get the mini pretzels because they are 10 for $3.  There are usually a couple left and I bring them home for Joe.  But today they were completely gone.  Oh well, he got the stew!  Ha, ha!

I got to work early (for a change).  As I was parking, Marquita drove up and parked behind me.  We went over to the building and saw the gate was still locked, so we were the first ones there.  It was VERY COLD.  About 23 degrees this morning.  I had trouble getting my key into the padlock on the gate and then had trouble turning it, but finally did.  Unfortunately, I then couldn't get the key out.  I tried.  Marquita tried.  Our hands turned red and then blue and we still couldn't get it to open.  I finally took the key off of the keychain, left it in the lock and Marquita and I went back to my car, turned on the heat and sat there until Peggy showed up.  She was able to get the key out and open the door for us.  What a time!  But that was the highlight of the day.  The rest of the day was very peaceful and quiet.

I'm still looking forward to having tomorrow off, though.

3 comments:

  1. Glad I didn't go in untill 3:30pm. It warmed up by then. How did you finaly get the key out of the lock? Glad your OK and things were calmer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't. Peggy finally did. She jammed the lock shut and pulled it out. I don't know how she locked it back up when we were leaving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yowza! I am shivering in my boots just reading about you trying to open that lock in the freezing cold! So glad to hear you had a peaceful day at work! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.