Sunday, March 6, 2011

FARM SATURDAY

Yesterday was a busy day, so I didn't have a chance to post.  Let me catch you up with the farm first.  The theme was "Burger Time!"


We got some beautiful Swiss chard, 1/2 lb. crimini mushrooms, 2 lbs. red onions, 4 brioche rolls, Homemade strawberry jam, sharp cheddar cheese, 2 lemon yogurts, 1 dozen eggs, and 1 lb. of grass-fed, humanely killed ground beef.

I have a bad habit of putting the food away and forgetting about it.  The rolls get hard, the meat goes bad...  So I made burgers  for dinner last night.  The meat was so good.  It was more flavorful than the beef I get from the supermarket.  The red onions were just right, too.  Not real hot.  The rolls were great for the burgers.  Yum, yum.

I also bought some lettuce plants.  I am going to put them in my earth box in the yard so we can have some fresh lettuce whenever we want it.  I got "Red Sails" (on the left) and "Buttercrunch" (on the right).  Red Sails is a leaf lettuce and Buttercrunch makes a head.


After the farm Joe was hungry so we stopped at McDonald's.  The line was so long.  We waited and waited.  Finally we left and went to Sonic.  He had a couple of hot dogs, but I just had a lemon slush.  I LOVE lemon slush.  Every Friday last summer I treated myself to one for making it through a week of work.  Lemon slush is my friend.  And this one was great.  Now I feel like summer is on its way.

In the afternoon Joe and I went to his step-mom's to return a bunch of his dad's clothes she had given Joe to look through and take what he wanted.  She asked if we could take her to Franklin Mills Mall, so we did.  I wanted to go to the store "Second Avenue" which is a high end thrift store.  Some of the stuff is used, a lot is new with tags, and all is very cheap.  Since I lost so much weight a lot of my clothes just hang on me.  I got 3 pair of pants, 4 tops, and a pair of jeans for Joe for $38.  I tried on the pants and made sure they all fit.  However, all the fitting rooms were full and there were lines when I got the tops.  I was getting really tired by then and I didn't want to wait so I took a chance on the tops.  Two fit and two don't.  Of course it's the two silk ones I really wanted for dressing up that don't fit.  I can't take them back, either.  So hopefully I can find someone they fit (or lose weight so they fit me!).  But that still is not bad.

I did a little too much yesterday and wore myself out, so I plan on taking it easy after church today.  I like my Sundays.

5 comments:

  1. Great haul at the farm! The food looks sooo yummy!
    That was a great sale on the clothes.Isn't it always that something doesn't fit? Especially if it's something you really like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would not know what to do with Swiss chard. Tell me about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is definetly a better taste to that kind of meat. Remember when I worked for the meat co.? That was what we sold. What do you do with Sswiss chard and how dose it taste? I never had it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'll bet those burgers were sooooo good! I loved reading what you got! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cherdecor and Marion, see my next post. I will tell you about Swiss Chard.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.