Friday, March 25, 2011

CRAZINESS

Hello fellow bloggers.  I didn't mean to ignore you, but there really hasn't been much to report.  Nothing has been going on and I guess that is a good thing.  Until yesterday, that is.

Yesterday was not a good day at work.  We had a woman come in during the morning hours.  She was angry when she was asked to go through the security gates when leaving.  She screamed at the top of her lungs at us, cursed us all out and threw things around.  I thought she was going to come back with a gun and take us all out.  That's how angry she was.

Around 6 p.m. there was a woman with a little girl about 8 years old in there.  When the mother said it was time to leave, the girl started screaming "I don't want to leave."  She RAN around the building with her mother chasing her.  She jumped, stomped her feet, threw chairs, overturned tables, threw books, all the time running and screaming  "I AM NOT LEAVING!!!  The mother was finally able to get her out of the building, and we could still hear the child screaming when they were a block away.


I have been a nervous wreck working there.  I know I end up taking it out on Joe and he doesn't deserve it.  But there you go.


Today was my day off since I work tomorrow.  Even though I did a lot of work around the house, it was very peaceful.  I can't wait till I can retire.  I know this post isn't very cheerful.  I will try to do better tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Hi there :-)

    It must have been "that kind of week" for everyone; we've had a few {{crazy days}} too this week. LOL

    It's your Blog ... you're allowed to vent in your own space.

    ~Val

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, I am still amazed at the kind of people that you have to deal with. I have never seen anything like that little girl...holy cow! And the woman that pitched a fit and screamed..seriously, what's the deal with these people. I am still blown away that this kind of thing happens in a library. I whisper when I'm in a library cause that's the way I was brought up. And I still the only person left out there that is quiet as a field mouse while visiting the public library. Anyhow, I am so sorry to hear that you had a bad day. That would definitely unnerve me and make me stressed as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Val and Bonnie. I am here today and it is much better. It was just a weird day. Bonnie, if you whispered in Philly you would be the only one. There is no respect from the kids today at all. I remember when I was a child being asked to leave the library because I was reading a joke book and I laughed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a very exciting job! I have to check in every day to see what happened in your library that day. Stay safe, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you were in Fishtown it could have been worse. My stepmother could have shown up. It's a good thing she don't remember who you are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fishtown is having trouble with drug dealers, but at least they are polite and don't seem to bother anyone.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.