Monday, March 28, 2011

SICK


I knew it was coming.  People at work have been getting it one after the other.  I tried to stay away from them, but it was inevitable.  After being in the bathroom every 5 to 10 minutes between 2 a.m. and 6 a.m. this morning, I gave in and went to the doctor.  He confirmed it.  I have acquired the dreaded "stomach virus."  I have not been able to eat anything today.  I have been drinking liquids to rehydrate myself.  I am to stay home from work tomorrow, call the doctor and tell him how I am feeling.  He will then let me know if I can go on a soft diet.  At least I still have a lot of baby food left from when I had the surgery, so I have a soft diet in the house.  If all goes well, I can go back to work on Wednesday.  As of right now my stomach is still rumbling.  Not a good sign.

We hadn't gone food shopping yet this week, so Joe went by himself this afternoon.  He called me twice to ask questions about what to buy, but ended up doing a really good job picking things out.  What a great husband I have.

I was too sick to make him dinner, so he finished up the left over stew from the other day.  He says it is always better the second day.

My step-mom, Irene, called last night from Florida.  She wanted to know if I had heard about my brother, Michael, having been diagnosed with lymphoma.  I had and have been praying for him.  Please pray for him if you remember.  I haven't talked with Irene for quite a while and it was really nice to hear from her.  She is recovering from a stroke she had the day after Christmas.  She tells me she is doing really well.

Tonight my sister called and told me there is a chance she is going to be laid off from her job or have to take a job in another store.  Please pray for her too that she can stay where she is.  She has been with her job for over 30 years.  Seems like my whole family is going through a hard time right now.

I'm really not feeling well, so that's all for tonight.  See you tomorrow readers.  I hope.

3 comments:

  1. You have my sympathy with the virues. I had it 2 times in three weeks. That's what happens when you work with the public.
    I didn't know Michal had lymphoma.I will pray for him and his family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talked to Elaine and am praying hard for her job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sad to read about your brother..I will pray for him. I, fortunately did not get a stomach virus. However, what's been going on around here is some kind of a virus or cold, not sure, but it makes you lose your voice, bronchial tubes get inflamed and contstricted, lots of congestion! I had it, gave it to my friend and also people at church got it. It took me a few days of a hoarse voice before I finally completely 100% lost my voice. Boy that is an odd feeling. I had to get meds, antibiotic and steroids to get me through! Anyhow, I am on the mend...still some lingering congestion! Hope you are feeling well and all better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.