Wednesday, November 6, 2019

HOMECOMING SUNDAY



Hello, friends!  Hope you are having a good day.  Today is a busy day just like most of my days are.  But before I get started I thought I would tell you about Sunday.  The first Sunday of every November is Homecoming Sunday.  It is the anniversary of the founding of our congregation.  This year we celebrated 97 years.


I went over on Saturday and redid the two bulletin boards.  I didn't get a picture of the one on the lower level, but here is the one at the rear of the sanctuary.  I took down the old, tired, faded green paper and put up a fresh white.  Then I added some fall leaves, pumpkins and a cornicopia.  I put new headings up and took down the out of date items.  I think it turned out good.


We had quite a crowd at Sunday School.  It was nice.


We were having a lunch after the morning service and so all the tables were decorated with either pumpkins or acorns and fall leaves.


In the sanctuary each windowsill had live flowers donated to us by the Hatfield church.  We were told we could each take one home and use it as a reminder to pray for the church.


The morning worship service.  Pastor at the front.


The singing was fantastic.


Prayer request time.

 

Our sweet Rose almost always has a message of love and a song to sing for us.  This week was no exception.


Pastor's message was about the Christ centered church.  Where we all should be.


The lunch was so delicious.  Everyone donated something -- even some of the visitors.  Pork roast, sweet potatoes, apples and sausage casserole, pasta with tomato sauce and cheese that Joe made, mixed veggies.  There were so many desserts -- apple pie, pumpkin pie, cakes, cookies, rice pudding, and I made a pumpkin dump cake.

I was so busy talking to my friends and eating that I didn't take one picture.  But believe me I did not leave hungry.

I wasn't feeling all that good and wasn't going to stay.  But I'm so glad I did.

And now I am going to go start my day.  See you all later.

Kathy



6 comments:

  1. How nice that you had a wonderful homecoming Sunday. Your church looks like it is a warm and welcoming place. Too bad you are on the opposite side of the state from me. I'm looking for a church.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked, but the denomination I belong to doesn't have a church as far west as you. Otherwise I would recommend it. Hope you find a home church. It's so important.

      Delete
  2. It's always a great time when gathering together! All that food! I doubt anyone went home hungry. Pastor Ralph's message was straight to the point. There is always something to take to heart. Thank you for sharing the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, I love your church. You are always having a gathering and inviting new people to join you. I like that it was called Homecoming Sunday. Blessings to all of you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photos. I like that the other church donated those beautiful flowers. That is so nice. All that food sounds delicious. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pleasant fellowship! Your church has been around a very long time. I like a nice, tidy, organized bulletin board. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.