Friday, November 1, 2019

WELCOME NOVEMBER!


Hello, friends!  Can you believe it's November already?  This year is winding down quickly!  Let's look at what happened in October.

The biggest thing I did was clean the house.  A lot.  It looks better but there is still so much more to go.  I hope to have it all done by May and then have a guy come in to paint.  It is something I would usually do myself, but I'm getting old guys and it's just too much for me anymore.

One Sunday Joe and I made a run to Cherry Hill, NJ and got to eat at Red Robin.  The jury is still out on whether we will go back or not.

My cell phone died about three weeks ago.  It's been tough to not have one.  I have to get another soon.

Last week my friend Donna and I had a fun day together going to Target and McDonald's.  We are going to try to do it again next week.

The trees are turning colors -- finally.  

I enjoyed telling you about Eastern State Petitionary.  I am going to try to tell you about one historic site each month.  That will be fun.

Although I made two Target runs in October, I know I am making another one soon.  I saw on one of my vlogs that the Dollar Spot has a lot of things that I can use as Christmas gifts.  Perfect!

Halloween last night was quiet.  As usual.  I sat on my front step for awhile and talked to my neighbor Kate.  I almost never see her, so that was fun.  We got about 12 kids and I was so glad that I hadn't gotten more treats than I did.  I was prepared for 40.  Being on a one block long street tucked away in the back makes it hard to give out treats.  No one sees us and unless you live on the street or have relatives there, you don't know we exist.  Twelve was a decent number for us.  My sister got zero.

And so now November is here.  Lots going on in these next two months.  Just in the next few weeks we have Homecoming Sunday, the Veterans Prayer Breakfast, the Men's Breakfast (can you tell my church likes to eat?), a visit to my aunt, Thanksgiving, Pie and Praise, and the Ladies Tea.  I'm going to continue with the house cleaning, getting the wash caught up, decorating and trying to get all my Christmas gifts bought before December.  What a lot of things to fit into this month.  I will take you along with me as much as I can.

Let's welcome November.  A very busy month.

Kathy





13 comments:

  1. Busy,busy! It is always fun going along on your errands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good, because I have a lot more errands coming up.

      Delete
  2. Your November sounds crazy busy! Stuff at Target...hmmm...I will be at Target in a week. Hope that they keep putting new stuff out in the dollar section. You have done an amazing job of cleaning. I know just how challenging it can be. One thing I am learning is to just get things out of the house without agonizing over them. For example, I have a large basket of winter head gear, scarves, and gloves. I was able to clean out so much of it whittling it down to those things I actually use. This is the kind of thing that needs doing here in every corner and in every drawer and closet. Keep having fun! 🤓

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly what I am doing. Too many things and others who have nothing. I have given six big bags of things to Salvation Army last month. Trying to do the same this month.

      Delete
  3. We normally have as many as 250 kids for Halloween. This year it was cold, windy and rainy. We still had 120. I always try to buy things I don't like. This year it was small bags of chips. Now to keep hubby out of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha! We bought pretzels but we both like them so are eating them. At least it wasn't chocolate.

      Delete
  4. It was warm but very windy. The bags kept blowing out of the bowl I had and I was chasing them down the street.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have a blessed November and accomplish all you hope to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda! I hope your November is great as well Even though I don't comment as much I read every one of your posts.

      Delete
  6. I hope you get a new cell phone soon. It's rough getting around without it. I think I'm about half to three quarters done with my holiday shopping. Woo Hoo! You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to seeing your Pie and Praise!
    We had about 12 kiddos knock on our door, too. It was fun to talk and guess what they were.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is hard to believe that it's November! This year is flying by. You will be busy. I hope to soon start seeing good prices on like for my Christmas gift purchases. No plans made for Thanksgiving here yet. Hope you can get to Lancaster soon so we get get together again ☺

    ReplyDelete
  9. Life is always busy, isn't it?! I thought that I'd have more free time this year since it is my first year without homeschooling. I haven't noticed a whole lot of "free" time yet! Oh well. I certainly wouldn't want to be bored, and I'm not!

    I need to catch up here and read about your method . . . but kudos to you for tackling extra cleaning! I need to do the same. I am thinking of a couple of spots right now that are in serious need of cleaning out and reorganization . . .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.