Friday, November 8, 2019

FLOWERS FOR THE CHURCH


Hello, friends!  Hope you are having a wonderful day.  I got several comments on my post yesterday about waiting for Christmas items to be on the shelf until after Thanksgiving.  I used to feel that way, but this year I see it differently.  There are only 47 days until Christmas.  That's about 7 weeks.  I have so much to do before that happens.  Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE fall and I LOVE celebrating Thanksgiving.  But I HATE running around last minute doing Christmas stuff.  So if it is in the store and I can get it all done before Thanksgiving, then I am happy.  I already have several gifts bought and I think I am going to start wrapping them and putting them safely away so there is even less for me to do later and I can enjoy the season.  But that is me and you are all certainly entitled to your opinion!

But today let me show you the pretty new fall flowers we have at church.  The same group that planted the flowers originally gave us some to replace the tired looking summer ones.  Here are the pretty pots in front of the church.  I love ornamental cabbage and was happy to see them included.




Remember the pretty plants put into the bed at the front of the church?


Well, look at them now!



Everything looks so pretty!  We're ready for the fall and winter seasons now.

I have lots more posts coming so hope you come back to visit.

Kathy




10 comments:

  1. It did seem as if the stores were rushing the holiday. However so many people are on such varied shifts for work I guess this early shelving helps them get a jump on it. Just looking at the pretty decor makes me smile! For those who may remember (locally) I miss Gaudios.... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may miss Gaudio's, but I always say your husband decorates your house like it is that store. Ha, ha! Stores do rush the holidays and it often seems as if Thanksgiving is overlooked entirely.

      Delete
  2. Wow Kathy that first photo. I love to see how you will start the post with Peanuts or awesome views. Gosh, you sound like me, I do not even want to be in the store at Christmas during any of the rush parts. LOL. I like to go early and hear their music and see the displays..Blessings, xoxo, Susie
    p.s. I saw Christmas candy across from Halloween candy yesterday. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susie, thank you. I like to find fun photos to start the blog with. It is not that I don't like shopping around Christmas. Lots of times I will find some little stocking stuffer in December. But the earlier I can get done, the better for me. I hate the crowds in the stores.

      Delete
  3. All of my life because of Arthritis and extreme pain in the cold I have finished by Tgiving exc for my delightful fun B Friday with grands!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda, I have arthritis too and the cold is brutal. I do not like winter because of it. Having a fun day with the grands sounds wonderful!

      Delete
  4. Oh, the flowers are so pretty and you are right, they did grow to fill the beds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, shop all year for Christmas. I like to be done early. I just love the flowers planted outside the church. Are they the kind that come up again next year? How beautiful they are. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think they do. The people that supply them to us seem to replace the flowers each season.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful flowers! I never planted ornamental cabbage but I certainly enjoy seeing it. I don't mind seeing Christmas already. I'm one of those =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.