Sunday, November 10, 2019

VISITING AUNT ALICE



Hello, friends!  I do love fall.  But I like the beginning of it better than the end.  In the beginning it is still warm and there is more sunshine.  Now we are heading for the dark days of the year and I am not such a happy camper these days.  I suffer from seasonal attitude disorder so the shorter days really affect me.  I have been raising my curtains high to let as much sunshine as possible into the house and so far it has helped.

Every year the community where my aunt lives has a Christmas Bazaar.  My friend Carol and I have gone for the last four years and sometimes our friend Donna comes too.  This year it was just Carol and me heading there on Wednesday.

I always pull out my camera in the car on the way there and back to get the fall foliage.  But this year there really wasn't a lot of color.  A lot of the trees had been stripped bare by the high winds we have had.  And a lot of them were still green.  I took only a couple of pictures instead of the usual 20 or so.




When we got there we found Aunt Alice first.  As usual, she was working at the bake shop table.  Of course I had to get something.  I got two cinnamon buns and two lemon squares.  I usually buy something that Aunt Alice made, but all of her stuff was sold out.  Then we began to walk around.  I got a cute Easter doorknob hanger and a gift for my sister for Christmas at one table.  At another table I got a beautiful silk rose scarf.  A few years ago I got a gold scarf there that I get lots of compliments on every time I wear it.  I'm sure the same will happen with this one.  Didn't get pictures of them but hopefully I'll show you later.

I did get a picture of the arrangement they had at the front door.  So pretty!



Then Carol took a picture of me.



Carol wanted to go to Trader Joe's which was nearby.  I tagged along.  I have never been to Trader Joe's and wanted to see it.  I was very surprised.  It was a small store but had so many unique things in it.  And much more reasonable prices than I had anticipated.  I picked up just a few things that caught my eye.



I laughed when I got home and saw I had a theme going.  I got herbed rolls which are so good.  They have rosemary, parsley, sage and thyme in them.  I also got butternut squash ravioli, sweet potato gnocchi, pumpkin bagels and pumpkin pie spice.  I had just used up my spice making the pumpkin dump cake for Sunday.  I also got turkey stock to put aside for Thanksgiving dinner.




Love the bags they give you.

Too bad there aren't any Trader Joe's around here.  I would be there a lot.

Hope your day is a good one and I will see you tomorrow.

Kathy




9 comments:

  1. All in all a very good day. Do those still green leaves mean that the color is delayed. Will it be beautiful in a week or two?

    Oh I like your Trader Joe selections and might have made the very same ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of the green usually means they will fall from the trees while still green and we won't have color this year. It happens every now and then.

      Delete
  2. Love the fall trees! You got quite a few things. Enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! See you at church in a couple of hours. :)

      Delete
  3. Kathy, A fun day with a friend. So wonderful. I have not had a friend day forever. I miss my best friend. We do not have a Trader Joe's either. I have heard they have lots of things that are a bit different. Glad you had a fun filled day. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun day you had! Love the pretty Fall arrangement and cute photo of you! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a fabulous day. We have a Trader Joe's not too far from here. I went there once and loved it. I love the photo of you in front of the pumpkin display. I think lots of us are affected by the "Seasonal Attitude Disorder." You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a wonderful day. I went to a Trader Joe's near my sister's house once. We don't have one near us either. You really did have a theme going!
    I'm not a fan of of the shorter and oh so cold days either. We will have to make the most of it....May we be an encouragement to each other ♥
    Take care, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.