Friday, November 29, 2019

THE DAY AFTER THANKSGIVING


Hello, friends!  Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful.  I had a good day.

Look how pretty the sky was this morning.



I saw it through the window and just had to get a shot of it.  I didn't even notice the birds on the wire until just now.



I had the front door open to take the other pictures, but this one I took through the door.  It was cold!  



Yesterday I was able to watch the entire Thanksgiving Day Parade as it was taking place.  This is the first year in so many years that I have been able to do this.  It was so good -- much better than in previous years.  And celebrating 100 years of it was wonderful.  Lots of flashbacks and people who had retired from the station coming back to visit.  Plus tons of celebrities.  I figure I've been watching it my entire life so I've seen at least 60 of the parades.  Wow!  That makes me seem so old!

Carole and Walt came over to pick us up around 3:00 p.m. and we all headed out to the restaurant.  There were a lot of people there, but not overly crowded when we came in.  We were seated quickly.  They had a special Thanksgiving menu.  I had made up my mind that I wanted fried chicken, but they had a roast chicken meal on the specials, so I got that along with mashed potatoes and corn.  Joe and Carole got the turkey dinner and Walt got crab cakes.  I did think about getting that but decided on the chicken.  For dessert Joe and Carole had pecan pie, Walt had blueberry pie and I had pumpkin pie.  Everything was good but I couldn't eat the whole thing and brought about half of my meal home.  I will eat it today.

When we left there was quite a line of people waiting to be seated so we came at the right time.  It was a lovely and relaxing day.  Just what I needed.

Driving home we saw a beautiful sunset -- all purple and crimson and gold.  And then we watched the moon come out with the planet Venus hanging in the sky right below it.  What a wonderful world the Lord God has given to us!

Well, here are the rest of the pictures of my fall decorations.  I am enjoying them for the next two days and then they are gone for another year.  I love my fall things and will be sad to see them go.  But on Sunday I will begin decorating for Christmas.  It doesn't seem like Christmas to me.

I didn't put all of my pumpkins out this year.  I have so many.  But I put a couple on the table along with my little squirrel and a Lenox candleholder.





My Lenox pumpkin lives on the step.


My scarecrows from Rite Aid went onto the steps this year.  They are so cute.



Another Lenox scarecrow is on my shelf along with a sign I got at Rite Aid.  I really liked the way I did the shelf this year.


I didn't move everything off of the table next to the sofa, but I did add two candles and an owl.  I love my candy corn gel candle.  I started to burn it one year but decided that I would keep it forever.



And now I am going to get off of here and get some breakfast.  I hope you all have a good day.  I am planning on Blogmas again this year, so let's see how that works out.  Can I really find enough to blog about each day for a month?  See you all later.

Kathy






8 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, Kathy! I didn't see the parade at all there was so much going on. I would have loved to see some of the older hosts,etc.
    lovely shots of the sky---and I put my Fall stuff away yesterday and deciding how much I want to do for Christmas this year. This rental is still not "home" to me. Next year I hope we are in our own home. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your decorations are beautiful, but I bet your Christmas decorations are gorgeous too. Our tree goes up tomorrow. And hopefully a string of lights outside on my porch. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially love bloggers who post daily. 😁

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you just love it when you get seated right away...then to realize you really did get there at the right time? How nice to have your sister join you.
    I will be doing some decorating too tomorrow. Have fun with yours!
    Take care, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a lovely Thanksgiving, Kathy! There are certainly perks to going out . . . especially the part where someone else does all the clean up! :)

    Fall will come down on Sunday here, after Kati and Andrew leave for home. (Double sadness.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love relaxing days! Russ & I decided to do Boston Market take-out.He got the turkey & I got the chicken It was delicious! And no dishes! Russ got the windows done for Christmas. I've got Christmas stamps for mail & am waiting for some cute address labels I ordered,his & her snowpeople!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad you and Joe had a good Thanksgiving! I look forward to your daily blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello from UT! Sounds like you had a good Thanksgiving. We had dinner here at home with our youngest son and empty-nester friends who came to join us. Hope you enjoy enjoy decorating for Christmas and that you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.