Sunday, August 26, 2018

SUNDAY MAGAZINE


Can you believe it's the last Sunday of August already?  Time sure flies by.

Today I have finished another magazine so wanted to do a Sunday Magazine post.  Isn't this a cute picture?


It's taken from "Country Home" September 2000.  The caption says:
"Break Time":  Photograph by Greg Scheidemann
Max the dog holds down two jobs at The Apple Farm in northern California.  Most of the day, he serves as official greeter for visitors to the 2,000 tree property.  But when he has worked his wagging tail off and decides to take a siesta, he's still on duty serving as keeper of the crates outside the farm's packing shed.

Aww...  Sweet Max.

A busy day today.  Pastor is on his last vacation day of the year and Joe is speaking this morning.  He has worked so hard on writing his sermon.  I should know because I've typed it for him three times as he changed it to make it better.  I think it is very good.  He is speaking on lessons we learn from the church at Ephesus.

Of course today is my turn to bring the treat for Fellowship Time.  I want to make brownies and they aren't even baked yet.  I may end up just going to ShopRite on the way to church and picking something up.  Hmm....

So I am going to run.  Hopefully my mental block will break and I will be able to think up some interesting posts for you this week.

Until later...

Kathy


8 comments:

  1. Happy church day! I think this time of year is the in-between time with little happening for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy, I too feel that August is going quickly. It's been a super hot month here. Hope you and Joe have a great new week. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of the doggie resting. I remember seeing a lot of magazine covers like this (family & pet oriented) when I was growing up. I think it was Life magazine. Maybe. I don't remember.

    I agree, August has flown by. Pretty soon, I'll be counting the days till Spring. Funny how that works out. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do an excellent job with blog posts. You are one of ten or so on my blogroll who post regularly. How’d the sermon go? Hope that you are feeling a lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the comfy dog! It's amazing were our pets find to sleep...Joe's sermon was very powerful,in my opinion. Made quite a few points I for one needed to hearabout how we don't keep Christ first in our lives. Your treats were delicious by the way!
    Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. August is certainly zipping right by! Cannot believe how fast summer has gone. I'm sure Joe did a wonderful job delivering his sermon yesterday. God bless you both!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.