Saturday, August 4, 2018

JULEP BOX FOR AUGUST

The months are going by so quickly.  Hard to believe that I already got another Julep box.  When I first joined Julep I knew that I couldn't afford to get a box of makeup every month.  And I was prepared to say no some of the time.  What I didn't know was that you get points for every time you buy a box and when you accumulate enough points, what you buy is free.  August was a free month for me.  And that's a good thing because I was going to say "no thanks" because money was tight.

So here is what I got this month.



Concealer, nail polish and blush.



This is an undereye concealer.  I have never used one, but thought I would give it a try.  I don't need to use it every day, but there are always those days.  I got it in "light" and it looks like it will be perfect.  Apparently you twist it up and it goes into the brush at the end of the tube.


This is a blush called "Sweet Peach."  Just right for the coming fall.  I have several of these blush sticks and really like them.  You draw it on where you want to highlight as if it were a crayon.  Then use a brush or your fingers to smooth it on and it turns into a powder.  I don't know how it does it, but it does and it looks so soft and natural.


Finally, I used some extra points I had to get this nail polish.  It was described as a polish that would add fairy lights to your nails.  It's called Angelique.  You can wear it alone, or put it over a color to add sparkle.  Just right for the upcoming holidays.

I am very happy with my box this month.  Can't wait to try all these things out.

Kathy

4 comments:

  1. It's always a pleasure to look forward to a 'surprise'. I do understand about saying no once in awhile though. Looks like this month's is a winner and free! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A winner for sure! I have some similar nail polish and it does look good with one coat over a solid color....sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely box, and free is extra nice. I get points with my Amazon card and every now and then my orders are free. Such a nice feeling. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun!! I don't wear makeup anymore and only polish my toenails in the summer, so those monthly boxes of goodies are lost on me. Looks like you got a winner for August!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.