Thursday, August 16, 2018

IT'S A TARGET RUN



And I am loving this summer in particular.  What a good time I'm having.

Yesterday I woke up to a new vlog post from my favorite vlogger, Mrs. Erica.  She had gone to her local Target and found all these wonderful things from Hearth & Hand on clearance.  Her Target was being renovated so there were storage units in the parking lot, the outside had been painted, and the Dollar Spot was all moved around.  A lot of the shelves were empty as things were being moved about.  I guess that's why things were on clearance.  She said we should look at our Targets too for these items.

I knew things on clearance would not last long, so yesterday afternoon I headed for Target to see what I could find.  And when I got to Target ours was also being renovated.  Storage units in the parking lot.  Outside painted.  Inside things moved around, empty shelves and almost no Dollar Spot.

I headed back to the Hearth & Hand section hoping it was still there.  It was.  But most of what Mrs. Erica showed was completely sold out.  I did get some things though.

Remember these little square plates?  I showed them to you a while back.  I didn't get them because of the price.  I use little square plates a lot.  And these are so pretty with the three colors of pillow ticking stripe.


And look at the savings!


I also got the flour sack dish towel.  But it is so huge that I think I am going to use it as a tablecloth for a small table.  You can see the savings with this also.



The other things I wanted were just gone.  *sigh*  But at least I got these.

I also bought a new fragrance of Febreze:  Bora Bora Waters.  How nice it is!  I love the scent.  It's very summery and reminds me of the beach.


We also got some red lentil snacks that we LOVE and iced tea, milk and dishwasher tablets.

When my legs began to hurt I knew it was time to go.  But I was so happy with what I got.  I kept grabbing Joe's hand and saying, "They have it!  I'm so happy!"   It was a good day.



18 comments:

  1. What fun! I wish we had a Target close by, they have such stylish things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a bargain and you sure got some good ones. Target is my favorite big box store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, You got some bargains. I have not been to any Target to look at the cute things...I will need to go to one. Glad you could get out awhile. Blessings to you and Joe, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susie. I think they must be redoing the Target stores nationwide so things are going on clearance.

      Delete
  4. Those little plates are so cute! I don't get to Target often, even though it is not far from us now. I should check in more often I guess! Thanks for sharing your deals with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Dollar Spot and Clearance sections are my favorites. Lots of good buys.

      Delete
  5. I love it when things happen like this! Grab it while you can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure. I'm so glad I watched that vlog yesterday morning. I got the last of the little plates. They would have been gone if I had waited.

      Delete
  6. You did good, Kathy! I am so glad that you found a few things you love! Those little plates are great---as cute as can be.

    Hope you have a great night- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those plates are good for so many things. I use them for everything from a few cookies or slice of pie to a sandwich or some leftovers.

      Delete
  7. Wow! You got a steal! I know how you love (& use) those small plates. Glad you could grab the last few. I would never have thought of the towel as a tablecloth! It'll look cute if the plates are there too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mrs. Erica mentioned the tablecloth idea and I thought "how big could it be?" But it's big. it would work on the kitchen table.

      Delete
  8. Wow, such wonderful bargains! Those little plates are really adorable. I've never been to a Target store. We have one nearby, so maybe I'll have to take a trip to check it out. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might want to wait until it is redone. It appears they are redoing all the stores in the country. The stores are really torn up right now.

      Delete
  9. It's always fun and therapeutic to have a shopping trip to Target!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.