Friday, August 10, 2018

A TRIP TO THE CARDIOLOGIST AND A DATE NIGHT WITH MY HUSBAND


Happy Friday, everyone!  Isn't this a lovely picture?  I can just see myself sitting on that bench on that pretty porch.  But I would have to be facing the other way to view the gorgeous landscape.

I began yesterday by finally getting to the cardiologist.  I see Dr. Miller about once a year just to make sure everything is OK.  This time I went because I have been having lots of heart palpitations and there were some complications when I went to have my tooth extracted.  My doctor is at what used to be Frankford Hospital, then became Aria Hospital and now is part of Jefferson Hospital.  I never know what to call it, but I know where it is.  Fortunately I was able to take the last open spot in the handicapped parking area.  I was glad I didn't have to use the valet.  So much easier to park it yourself.



When I got into the office, the receptionist asked if I had gotten a referral for the visit.  Why yes, I called yesterday.  No referral was there for me.  She called my primary's office and they said yes, I had called, but they hadn't gotten to it yet.  Was she sure she needed it right then because they had patients.  She told them she had patients too.  Ten minutes later the form came over the internet.

Everyone at Dr. Miller's office is so nice.  And it appears they are all new people too.  Dr. Miller is great.  He assured me that all is well with my heart.  There are various things that could be giving me the problems I've been experiencing such as the high humidity we've been having, stress, allergies, etc.  He went over my list of medication and found that the medicine my primary doctor has been giving me was correct but the strength was wrong.  He corrected that and I've already gotten an email from my mail order pharmacy that the new drug is on its way.  I think it's just wonderful how everything is so computerized these days.  When I went to high school and we watched films about what the future might be like, this is what I imagined.

My doctor's son is an artist and there are several of his paintings around the office.  I was able to sneak a shot of this one when I was left alone to get dressed after the exam.  It is a bunch of manatees.



I like looking at this painting and always sing "Barbara Manatee" in my head.  That's a song from a Veggie Tales video that I watched with some of my Sunday School kids years ago.  But it always stuck in my mind.  Joe likes the song too.  "Oh Barbara Manatee... You are the one for me..."

Tonight Joe and I decided to have a date night.  We have not been on a date in forever.  And it doesn't have to cost a lot.  We decided to have dinner at Chick-Fil-A.





It was so much fun to just sit there, talk, laugh and enjoy our food (that I didn't have to cook).  There was a sign there that showed a cow by a public swimming pool writing a sign that said, "Eat chicken.  Wait 20 minutes.  Eat more chicken."  So funny.  I wanted to take a picture to show you, but there were too many people around.  They might think I was taking a picture of them and that's a not a good idea.

Today is going to be a busy day.  There's a lot of things to do -- post office, food shopping, stopping by church for Joe to see if he can fix a toilet, getting the church bulletin printed, working on the house, working on the yard, etc.  Let's see how much actually gets accomplished.

Hope you all have a good day today.  The weekend is almost here!

Kathy


7 comments:

  1. I'm glad the doctor visit turned out well. I love the manatee painting too! So beautiful.I agree about turning the bench around to enjoy the view. However I think I would have a few cushions on the bench.I prefer a bit of soft when I sit. lol
    You look so ...contented in the photo.It's a really good shot of you.I absolutely love 'dates'.Happy to see you enjoyed yours.Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad the doctor visit was good and you know your heart is ok. A date night is always fun and I can tell by the look on your face, you enjoyed it. You are a busy lady and I pray you get all or at least some of the things accomplished today. Happy weekend ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy your doctor was able to put your mind at rest and could change your meds to help a bit. Date nights are always good and so is eating out and not having to cook or clean up. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, I am so glad you are doing ok...yes this heavy heat can make us ill. So be safe, drink lots of liquids and stay in the shade. You and Joe look so cute on your date. Hope most chores got done that's on your "to do list" . Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a blessing to know all is well with your heart! Glad you and Joe had a date night. We don’t really have those anymore since we spend so much time together as it is. Sometimes it’s nice to go our separate ways during the day and then reconnect in the evening....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you look pretty in red! Nice picture. Chick-fil-A is always full around here.....sometimes a parking space is impossible to find. Glad your appointment went so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad everything was sorted out OK at the doctor's office, Kathy. And your date night looked like fun as well cause igt doesn't matter where you go, just that you can go together and share talk and a meal.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.