Tuesday, August 7, 2018

THIS AND THAT



Good morning, everyone!  Hope your week has been going well.  Not much out of the ordinary going on around here.  But very busy as always.

I've been doing a lot of knitting on my temperature blanket and am now up to June 20th.  Just the rest of June and then July and as much of August as we've gone through.  I will take pictures when I get it up to date.  Probably in another week.  But I will show you a better picture of it through April.  The picture I posted before wasn't that good.



It has a lot more pink, yellow and red in it now.  Can't wait to show it to you.

Last Wednesday Donna and I went to East Coast Wings & Grill for lunch.



I love their mango iced tea.  It has been a long time since we went out together.  It was a lot of fun.

The weather here has been very hot.  Or should I say HOT!!!  Although the temperature was only 98*F (37*C), the feel like temperature was 108*F (42*C).  The car is like an oven when you get into it.

Pastor is away on vacation so Joe had the service at the nursing home today.  Those ladies who come love him.  He did a message on encouragement which was really good and they all thanked him for it.  The ladies are so sweet.  There was a new caregiver there and we got a chance to talk to her a little bit.  What a nice girl she is.

I make a list every day of what I want to accomplish and today not one thing got done.  Not a single one.  Where does the time go?  Oh wait, something did get done.  I took Joe to get a haircut.  He said it was so hot that his hair was bothering him.  He is much more comfortable now.

Well, I have to run.  If it is Tuesday, you know I am teaching the Ladies Bible Study today.  We are still going through the Fruit of the Spirit and this week it is "Goodness."  I am really liking this study.

So until later...

Kathy

15 comments:

  1. I enjoy watching the progress of the temp blanket. Things getting done? I was that way yesterday...ok I did 2 loads of wash. So something.See you at study!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it was the heat? Or maybe I just run around too much.

      Delete
  2. I make plans every morning for the day, and rarely get 1/2 of it done, but that is ok....it will be there tomorrow! Love the temp. blanket and cant wait to see more of it. Hope you have a nice day at the Ladies Bible Study.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Linda. It's always there tomorrow.

      Delete
  3. Catching up with you this morning. I've been rather unbehind in blog reading.
    I rarely make lists. I might have a list in my head but my days usually have their own spin ;-)
    Enjoy your Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm behind in blog reading too. Just so busy. I make lists just about every day or I don't remember things. I call it my brain dump.

      Delete
  4. That blanket is coming along and looks beautiful. A word of encouragement is just what people in nursing homes need. Their days can be so bleak. (My sister-in-law is coming to terms with living in a home. A challenge for sure when one is in her early seventies and had been so independent.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vee. Yes, these ladies seem to really enjoy the mini church services we give to them. I hear there is a Jewish service on Saturdays, a Catholic service on Sundays and we have the Protestant service on Mondays. They were nodding and saying yes, they knew God was with them in spite of all their hardships. Sorry to hear about your sister-in-law. Hope she settles into a good place.

      Delete
  5. I quit making plans for the day when I retired. Other than laundry day. Of course, we both have been having lots of medical things going on... Your temperature blanket looks amazing! Can't wait to see the next installment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Plans for the day are so easy to break, Kathy. I quit writing any down and just prefer to see what’s been done or not at the end of the day...and then wait for the nexy day. Hope you are finding ways to keep cool😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy, Oh my, stay cool...drink lots of water. Glad you are having fun with your friend. Blessings to you and Joe, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's okay to have a day "off", Kathy! I am loving your temperature quilt. It is wonderful that Joe connected with those ladies. What a blessings.

    Thanks for popping by my blog- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you still knitting Joe's temp blanket or started another one? Glad Joe did a visit with women a care home. My mom enjoyed church services at nursing home she was in. We're temp hot here too! Stay cool my friend. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blanket is coming along really nice. Can't wait to see the finished photo. I stopped making lists a long time ago. I just do what I can and hope that tomorrow I'll have another crack at the list. I think it's wonderful that Joe does the services at the nursing home. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You and your sweet hubby do so much for others! blessings to you, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.