Tuesday, October 17, 2017

WHAT I'M READING - HER DAUGHTER'S DREAM

I actually finished another book.  I told you last time that it wouldn't take me 10 months for part 2 of Francine River's saga as it did for part 1.  Once I got into this story I just wanted it to go on and on.

Part 2 is called "Her Daughter's Dream".

Image result for her daughter's dream 

In the dramatic conclusion to the Marta's Legacy series, Marta's granddaughter, Carolyn, comes of age during the turbulent 1960s, struggling to navigate a tense family life.  Though college offers a taste of freedom, tragedy shatters Carolyn's confidence and she disappears into the heady counterculture of San Francisco.  When she reemerges two years later, more lost than ever, she reluctantly turns to her family to help rebuild a life for herself and her own daughter, May Flower Dawn.

Familiar tensions emerge when Dawn develops a closer bond with her grandmother than her own mother.  As she struggles to avoid the mistakes of those who went before her, Dawn vows to become a bridge between the women in her family rather than the wall that separates them forever.

"Her Daughter's Dream" is the emotional final chapter of an unforgettable saga about the silent sorrows that can tear a family apart, the sacrifices mothers make for their daughters, and the very nature of unconditional love. 

This is one of the best series of books I have ever read and I highly recommend them to you.

On to the next book.

Kathy

2 comments:

  1. She is a gifted writer! Even more so after she became a Christian. I still have several books by her that I haven't read yet to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always appreciate hearing about good books and good authors! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.