Tuesday, October 24, 2017

WHAT'S BEEN GOING ON


How gorgeous is this!  We don't have a lot of color here this year.  It has been so warm.  And although I miss the color on the trees, I am loving the warmth.  I know winter will come and with it the cold temperatures, ice, snow and lots of pain for me with my arthritis.  So I am enjoying this while I can.  It was so warm on Sunday that Joe and I ate lunch outside with a friend who came home with us.  That was nice.  As Joe said, not so many bugs around this time of year.

We were able to eat outside because on Saturday I finally got the patio cleaned up.



And not just straightened, but I started cleaning the furniture.  I was ready to throw these chairs out because I didn't think I'd ever get the mildew off.



On an off chance I grabbed my Mrs. Meyers all purpose cleaner and some paper towels.  Imagine my surprise when it all started coming off.  Wow!  I've never seen anything like this.  I had heard Mrs. Meyers was good but...  Wow!




There is more to go to make it perfect but I am very happy.  Joe saw what I had done and started going to it himself.  He did a lot too.

When I was at Target the other day I saw these autumn plates and just had to get them.  They were $2 each.  I can put them in the dishwasher but not the microwave.  No problem.  I really don't need more dishes, but I figure I will use these 3 months of the year and then put them away.  They are so pretty.


The lawn guys came over yesterday and started to put up our new fence.  I wasn't sure if I was going to like it, but I really do.  I thought I would feel too closed in, but in reality it gives me more privacy.  They will finish it later this week.  Today it's supposed to pour rain so I know they won't be here.



 
I will be leaving shortly to take Joe for his cataract surgery.  We have to be there by 7:15.  He's the first one because he is the only diabetic.  I couldn't decide whether to take a book or my knitting so I am taking both and see which I want to do as I wait the 2 1/2 hours for him.  I'm sure everything will be fine and I know Joe is excited to be able to see clearly again although naturally a little nervous to be going through it.  I tell him he is very brave because I don't think I could do it.

So off we go.  I will be sure to let you know how it turns out.  Until later...

Kathy





7 comments:

  1. i agree. I miss all the colors. (Love the cabin!). The patio looks lovely! Where can you buy the Mrs Meyers? Might help a few items I have. I,too,thought I'd feel 'closed in'
    though with a dog you really need a fence. But I appreciate the privacy.Know that Joe is in our thoughts & prayers as are you & the doctors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, I am not loving this rainy cold weather. LOL. Me too, I dread the thought of winter coming in. Glad you got so much done and enjoyed company. Praying for Joe to do well in his surgery. I know I will be having that one day in the near future. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the new fence. I’m sure you will, too.
    And the Mrs. Meyers, wow! Impressive!

    Please let us know how you and Joe did this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the new fence is great and will make you feel more like spending time out there on your patio! Lookin' good! Praying that Joe's surgery goes well! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those autumn plates. I have a tiny kitchen in this old farmhouse, so I don't get to have seasonal dishes, but I enjoy seeing the ones others have.

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope all went well today. Hopefully you are back home by now and the patient is resting comfortably. Hopefully you are able to rest too!
    My one sister has white patio furniture like that. I don't know what she uses but she always gets them so white each year. I'm glad you are happy with your product. I've not given any of our outdoor furniture a scrubbing this year....oh dear. Might regret that!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The patio is looking good, Kathy, and the seasonal dish ware is very pretty too. years ago we had plastic white chairs and it was such a chore to keep them clean looking since they also stayed outdoors all the time. Glad you found a product that works well for clean-up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.