Saturday, October 28, 2017

ALL I DID TODAY WAS RUN


I so needed to stay home today and get things done and instead I ended up running all over the place.

The first place we went was to church.  I needed to do a few things and Joe tagged along.

Then we headed to Home Depot.  We wanted to get some lights for out in the yard.  It is so dark out there now with the fence up.  We found what we were looking for and then picked up a few other things also.  Mostly there was Christmas stuff out, but I did see these Halloween dragons.  They were bigger than life.  How cool.


We were hungry so headed over to Chick-fil-A for lunch.  Then drove next door to Lowe's.  We had not been able to find a bird feeder at Home Depot.  Our other one that we loved fell apart.  Lowe's had the perfect feeder.  And we got a few other things there as well.  While there I took some pictures of the holiday things they had out.

I wanted to get a scarecrow to put in the yard but they were too expensive.  So I looked at these lovely flower arrangements.  I picked one up to get it and then looked at the price.  $50!  Nice, but not that nice.


There's really not much fall stuff left.  It's almost all Christmas.  Here's some of the things I liked.  I especially liked the huge "Joy" when I first came in.








 When we got home we filled the bird feeder and hung it in the tree.  We hung around at the table for a bit to see if any birds would show up but none did.  There were a lot in the tree top, but none came down.  Hopefully they will discover it soon.  It's fun to watch the birds in the winter.


And now it's very late and I'm very tired.  I'm going to bed.  See you all later.

Kathy



6 comments:

  1. Really cool decorations! I like the black dragon,so fierce. It was neat you got the lady in the photo to show how big the dragons are. Impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, I love the fence. Your feeder looks nice there. Hope you do not have squirrels in your neighborhood. They tear feeders up for the seed around here. It's hard to find the right places for them. Hope you got plenty of rest . Blessings to you and Joe, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a busy day, so hope you got some much needed rest last night. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your feeder looks great by the fence! I'm happy for you that you got the yard cleaned up and the new fence put in. The dragon decorations are really something. I've never seen them before, but we haven't been to Lowe's and Home Depot in ages. I'm sad that there are never Nativity Scenes in the stores anymore. The reason for the season and no Nativity Scenes. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, I love your new fence, so pretty and yet functional too.
    I love shopping at Home Depot, it's within a mile of my home, they have so many selections to choose from.
    A busy day of running, I hope you had a restful night.
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! You said ChickFilA....we don't have one here and I love their chicken!!! That JOY sign is awesome.

    I am glad you found some lights for your back yard and a few other things.

    Hope you have a good week and can get a few things done that you want to do. I know you are plugging away at things! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.