Saturday, October 7, 2017

MOVIES OF THE WEEK -- THE END OF THE SUMMER


Fall is here, but the movies are still summer.  I think these are the last of them.   And they were good ones.  It made me nostalgic for those warm summer days.  (Although it is still in the 80s here.)

Summer of Dreams (2016)
Image result
A fading pop star (Debbie Gibson) who is on the verge of losing everything finds inspiration when she relocates to suburban Ohio and begins teaching music to a talented group of misfit children.

I had not seen this one before and thoroughly enjoyed it.  What a good movie showing that there really aren't any "misfit" people.  There is a place for everyone.

It was interesting because I was watching Debbie Gibson on "Dancing With the Stars" just the day before.  I watched the movie knowing that she had suffered with Lyme Disease and had gone through so much. 

Love at the Shore (2017)
 Image result for love at the shore 

A mother of two who is an author finds her summer plans disrupted by the annoyingly unconventional but undeniably attractive surfer living next door to her rental.  Starring Peter Porte and Amanda Righetti. 

Another one I hadn't seen.  It was good and kept my interest.  I loved the beach volleyball scenes.  But I was glad I wasn't playing the game because I stink at volleyball.  😊

Summer in the City (2016)  
Check out photos from the Hallmark Channel original movie "Summer in the City," starring Julianna Guill, Marc Bendavid, Vivica A. Fox and Marla Sokoloff 

When a small town woman with Midwestern charm is given a big promotion managing a store in the Big Apple, she tries to adopt a big city personality and it leads to disastrous results. Realizing it’s better to be true to herself, she lets her personality shine and it becomes the secret to her success in work and in love. Stars Julianna Guill, Marc Bendavid, Vivica A. Fox, Marla Sokoloff and Natasha Henstridge. 

This was probably my favorite one this week.  It was all about fashion and relationships and trust in others.

Summer in the Vineyard (2017)
Image result for summer in the vineyard 

When Frankie and Nate agree to host an annual celebration, they must make a big splash to ensure the viability of their winery going forward. The paramours will find out if business can be mixed with pleasure.  Cast: Rachael Leigh Cook, Brendan Penny.
 
The final one was also a new one to me.  So four new movies this week.  I so enjoyed this one also.  I know it seems as if I like them all, but really I will come across one I don't like and I will tell you the truth about that one too.  The end was totally unexpected to me although the clues were all there throughtout the movie.  I just didn't catch them.  I would watch this again.
 
More movies next week.  Enjoy the weekend.  At least what's left of it.
 
Kathy
 

5 comments:

  1. It is still "summer" here, too, with temps in the high 80s and low 90s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so warm and humid here that I have the air conditioner running!

      Delete
  2. Here in Vancouver Washington we have had rain, and then wonderful cool in evening but lovely warm days, all to end this week, rain starts..One cannot control the weather and I think not much of anything else..I am grateful to live in a tiny home and food and the love of my hubs of 43 years, we were in our car and a person hit us from behind and totaled our car of 5 years paid for, we were forced to purchase another, it worked out oky doky, it is just a car and gets us back & forth!!! We were married in North Las Vegas in 1974 a lovely church, memorial day, the congregation and minister loved God and treated us so nicely, we left and honeymooned in Colorado in a tiny apt. where my hubs went back to work and I got a job, we are happy..No one knows when the Lord will call them home, I say love and love some more and be grateful each and every moment and hour..Love your blog, it is sweet and loving and kind, happy holidays coming up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I can't tell you how much your comment meant to me. I hope you will continue to visit and tell me who you are.

      Delete
  3. Looks like you spent a lovely week of movie watching, Kathy, and there’s nothing wrong with that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.