Friday, October 27, 2017

GETTING SOME THINGS DONE AROUND THE HOUSE



These little scarecrows are so cute!  I've always liked this picture.  Halloween is less than a week away and I can hardly believe that October is almost over!

First of all, I want to thank my brother, Larry, for his beautiful picture of Valley Forge in the fall that I am using for my header.  Pop on over to his blog at explorationphotography.blogspot.com to see his amazing work.

I have been carrying on with my cleaning.  It has been hard.  Some days I have so much energy and just go at it and get so much done.  Other days it is all I can do to walk to the kitchen and get something to eat.  I wish I could be more consistent, but that's what the body is doing these days.  At least I have SOME days that I can do things.  It used to be I had none and that is how my house got in the horrible state it is.

I am proud of myself, however, for doing the things I did.  And I thought I would show you.  I have been working on the kitchen.  One thing I wanted to tackle was the outside of the refrigerator.  It was filthy around the handles and there was so much hanging on it.


Look how nice it looks now.  I am so happy.


I didn't take a picture of the table before I cleaned it (with a little help from Joe).  Take my word for it that it was cluttered.  So much I could throw out.  Look at it now, all set for fall.


I'm hoping I have energy today to set some things done.  There is so much to do.  And I will take pictures to show you.  Maybe not the before, but certainly the after.  It makes me accountable for getting SOMETHING done.

Kathy



9 comments:

  1. Kathy, Every time I see a fridge with magnets, I laugh....thinking of my daughter Karen. Her husband says there's so many magnets it's pulling the fridge into itself. LOL. She still has plenty. Glad you got some cleaning done and tiding up. I hate house work with a passion , but I do it because I hate for the house to be messy. Wish I had a good maid. LOL. Blessings for a fun filled weekend. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fridge looks fantastic! Like the leaf tablecloth. You've done remarkable stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does feel good to get things organized and cleaned up. You are doing great. Just keep at it as you can!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the tablecloth! I have a fall one...hm, wonder if it would fit the current table in the kitchen. Hope today was productive for you. If not the stuff will all be waiting for you when the energy returns :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Before and After pictures.
    It makes me appreciate the hard work that went into it.
    And oh... the joy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those days when you can get a lot done. It feels good, doesn't it?! Your fridge looks great and so does the table. Good luck as you continue your clean sweep, Kathy. Have a great weekend. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are wise to pick one area at a time and deal with that! I do the same thing. It’s not so overwhelming this way.
    When I move on to another area, I keep the clean area clean as well! That way the whole house eventually looks good at the same time. But by then, I’m beginning to start all over!

    Housework is something you do that nobody notices unless you don’t do it! From a needlework quote....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always feels good to get things cleaned and in order, and you have done a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've got a bit of clutter in our kitchen too. This a.m. I put away the bulk spices I bought Friday. A couple went into spice containers while 2 put away in zip lock bags and stashed in pullout drawer. Always something huh? Warm last week and now cooler days ahead. Now I'm off to do a load of wash. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.