Saturday, October 21, 2017

HALLMARK MOVIES OF THE WEEK


The colors of fall -- so pretty.

I have been busy so haven't been able to watch a lot of movies lately.  But I have been catching up today.  At any rate, I thought I would share with you the next four movies that I have watched.

For Better or Worse (2014)


For Better or For Worse

Opposites attract when Wendy (Lisa Whelchel), a wedding coordinator, and Marco (Antonio Cupo), a divorce attorney, find their lives suddenly intertwined. Wendy is finally settling into the single life after struggling with the death of her husband. After a difficult season of grief, she's taken over the family business of coordinating the town's most beautiful and memorable weddings with the help of her friend and co-worker Roseanne (Kim Fields). Wendy's business and values are challenged, however, when the charming and incredibly irritating Marco opens shop as a divorce attorney right next to her wedding chapel. Although Wendy will stop at nothing to promote her marriage business over Marco's divorce business, she must form an alliance with Marco after her son Collin (Edward Ruttle) announces his unexpected engagement to Marco's daughter Sophia (Alicia Josipovic).

"For Better or For Worse" is based on the novel of the same name, by best-selling author Diann Hunt.

It was cool seeing Lisa Whelchel and Kim Fields acting together again.  Remember them from the old TV show "The Facts of Life"?
 
Love By Chance (2016)
 Image result

Claire, the owner of a new restaurant, is too busy to focus on relationships. Her mother decides to fix this by finding Claire the perfect man -- without telling Claire.  Starring Ben Ayres, Beau Garrett and Brenda Strong.

Yes, another food one.  I just can't get away from them.  What would you do if your mom went behind your back to find you the "perfect man"?
 
A Dash of Love (2017)
 Image result

When an aspiring chef lands a dream job at her idol's restaurant, she befriends the handsome executive chef. After they are wrongly fired, the duo open their own eatery to prove their food is better.  Starring Jen Lilley and Brendan Penny.

I've seen this before, knew what was going to happen, and still enjoyed it.  It makes me wonder if the people I admire on TV are really all they're portrayed as. 
 
Appetite for Love (2016)
 Image result

Sparks fly when a woman (Taylor Cole) returns to her hometown in Tennessee to convince her stubborn ex-boyfriend (Andrew Walker) to sell his restaurant.

I can hear you all now.  Three out of four of these movies are about food.  I'm a foodie.  What can I say?  I had seen this before too.  Parts of this were kind of slow, and a lot of it was predictable, but the story is good. Not sure if I would watch it for a third time although I do like the ending.
 
I have been busy getting the house and yard ready for fall and then the upcoming winter.  I am feeling better these days, having more energy, so I am thinking I should listen to my doctor more often.  She actually knows what she is talking about giving me vitamins to offset the medication I am taking for my thyroid condition.

Lots more fall fun coming next week, so stay tuned.

Kathy
 


6 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy!!!!
    I love the Hallmark channel.
    I don’t get enough time to watch the movies, either. These look great!
    (Thanks for the welcome back)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are enjoying the Hallmark movies! Also glad you are feeling better....and YES it is always good to listen to your doctor!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to see that you are able to watch some movies that you love. I always loved the girls on The Facts of Life. Lisa Whelchel has a really interesting life story if you have ever read her background...a born again Christian.

    I am glad you are feeling better and that your doctor actually knows what she is talking about! lol Have a great night- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughters and I are looking forward to the Christmas movies on the Hallmark channel.

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy! Great sounding movies! Is that Blair and Tootie from The Facts of Life? I watched so many of those shows with my daughter. Hope you're doing well and I love your new header. Thanks for popping in to see me.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited that Hallmark's Christmas movies are coming out next week. I'm ready for a good movie.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.