Friday, October 13, 2017

FIRST DAY IN LANCASTER COUNTY


It sure looked more like fall in Lancaster than it does here in Philly.  Joe and I have returned from a wonderful two days in the country.  Ah...  I could have stayed there longer.

We left at 1:30 p.m. and made really good time going out.  The first place we went to when we got there was the hotel to check in.  We were hungry, but wanted to get settled before we ate.  This is the scene we saw when we parked.



You can see how overcast it was and it was raining off and on.

I made a short video to show you the room.  Don't mind the hair or messed up clothing please.


We were hungry because we didn't stop for lunch so decided to go to Bird-in-Hand Restaurant for an early dinner.  Just as we got there, a bus full of people pulled up and all went in.  By the time we got to the reservation desk there was a crowd around it.  I thought we would have to wait awhile.  Then I saw a man go up and say he wanted a table for one.  He got seated right away.  "Hmm, " I said to myself.  "We can do that too."  So Joe and I went up to the desk and asked for a table for two.  We were seated right away also.

We both got the smorgasbord and boy was it good.  I had a salad and then meatloaf, red-skinned potatoes and green beans.  I don't know all that Joe got but he ended with some delicious looking sugar free pies:  apple, pumpkin and cherry.  I know that sounds like a lot, but they were all very small pieces. That's what happens when you can't decide which flavor you want.

Joe read on the placemat they were having a Thanksgiving smorgasbord on Thanksgiving Day but you had to have a reservation.  We asked our waitress about it and she gave us the price and told us we should make the reservations right then because it was filling up fast.  So we did.  Yay!

On the way out I took some pictures of the lovely decorations they had outside.






We went back to the hotel and just relaxed for the rest of the evening.  We watched some TV and I did some knitting.  Joe laid down and fell asleep.  I wasn't long after him.  Here is a view of the roads outside of our room.  It was so peaceful and I loved hearing the clip-clop of the horses' hooves as they pulled the Amish buggies down the road.  It was a good first day.
 


Day two tomorrow.

Kathy

14 comments:

  1. Nice room, Kathy. You know the food is good when a bus pulls up to have their passengers eat there. That was smart to make your reservations right away. God bless you and Joe. I am so glad you were able to get away for a couple of days. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not just that bus, Diana, but two more came afterwards. They do a lot of tourist traffic. And yes, the food is good!

      Delete
  2. Your room was really nice! I like a King bed :)
    The decorations at Bird in Hand are so pretty. It's a busy place and I'm glad you were able to enjoy the smorgasbord.
    Looking forward to hearing about your next day ;-) It was wonderful meeting you and Joe....really looking forward to the next time. You both are so sweet, such a delightful couple! Noah is thrilled with his airplane....What a generous guy, your Joe. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so wonderful meeting you! I can't wait to get together with you again. It's like we've known each other for years.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mildred! Welcome and I hope you will visit again. I have been to Georgia a couple of times and it's a beautiful state.

      Delete
  4. The room looks quite comfy. I noticed that when you gave the view out the window,most saw the parking lot. I saw the view of the mountains. Okay,maybe a bit gray but majestic none the less. Glad you both got some rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I read your comment I said, "What mountains? It's so flat out there." Then I took another look and realized the clouds do look like mountains. How funny. I never noticed that. You will see in the next post.

      Delete
  5. 🍁🙂🍁 Yay for a getaway! My daughter and I are on our own for Thanksgiving so we must make reservations soon, too. Thanks for mentioning it! Looking forward to the next installment from Lancaster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things are filling up fast for dinner around here.

      Delete
  6. Great room! Love the video and hearing your voice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, it looks like you had a terrific first day of your much needed get-away!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.