Monday, October 9, 2017

RUNNING AROUND


I'm doing an early post today because it is going to be a busy one.  Joe and I are going away later this week for some relaxing time in Lancaster County.  It is very much needed.  We are so burnt out on so many levels.  So for the next three days I will be running trying to get everything done.

First of all, thank you for all the kind comments on Sarah's photo yesterday.  But there seems to be some kind of confusion.  Sarah took the picture of the street scene.  The other picture of the road that I am using as my header was taken at Valley Forge by my brother, Larry.  He is another wonderful photographer.

On Thursday Joe had a doctor's appointment in the morning.  When we got out we ran some errands and then began to get hungry.  So we headed down the avenue where you can get almost any kind of food you want, and ended up at IHOP.  It was so crowded but we got seated right away and our waiter, Shawn, was terrific.  We have had good meals at IHOP and not so good meals.  But on Thursday the food was great.  Joe got a roasted turkey sandwich on rye and I got a burger and fries.

When we finished eating Joe said he wanted to look in the new Ross that was just built.  I had wanted to go in there for awhile so we headed over to take a look around.  I have never been in a Ross' before so didn't know what to expect.  I thought it was all women's clothing.  Boy was I wrong!  What an interesting store.

We looked around the front for a little bit but I really wasn't interested in the shoes or clothes.  We soon saw the home section and headed back there.  And we both loved it!  What interesting things they had.  I pulled out my camera and shot some pictures as we walked around.

The first thing I saw were really interesting baskets.  I could definitely use them for fruit or even potatoes and onions.  But I had no place to put them in the kitchen.



Joe was looking at some chip clips with magnets on the back.  There were 6 of them for $3 so he got them.  They now have their home on the side of the fridge where we always know where they are instead of getting lost in the abyss of our kitchen drawers.
 

So many spices!
 

I loved the teapots.
 

There was an entire wall of mirrors.  No two the same.
 

These little bird lamps were so cute.
 

I've never seen a pig creamer before.  
 

This is my life verse.  I would love to have gotten this but the last thing we need in this house is more mugs.  The LAST thing.
 

Would you like a giraffe?  Or maybe a knight.  No, really.  A knight.  He could take care of the giraffes.  On the other hand, that's a nice candelabra.
 

There were shelves with a hodge podge of things on them.  Like this lion, jars, vases and globes.
 

This little figurine made me smile.  A pig with wings.  "When pigs fly" came to mind.  Right next to the pig was a really cute rabbit, but you can't really see it.
 
 
We did buy some things, but not a lot.  Here's what we got.

When we first came in there was a shelf with these magnifying makeup mirrors.  Some were 3X, some 4X and some 5X.  They were different sizes and different bases too.  I got this 4X one.  I love it.  It now lives in my bathroom and matches perfectly.


Joe saw this print and just had to have it.  It now hangs over our piano in the living room.
 

I loved these socks.  They are so unusual.  And two pair for $2 -- how could you beat that?
 

I LOVE this top on the sock!
 

Hope you enjoyed coming along with us.  I know I will be going back to Ross again.

Kathy

 

13 comments:

  1. We have never had a Ross store here either but we have one opening in the next month...and right by Starbucks (couldn't get any better for me)...lol

    Have fun on your getaway. I know you need it. You have had a long, stressful haul of it for the past few months. You deserve a little fun and relaxation.

    Hope you have a wonderful week, Kathy. xo Diana

    ps- LOVE those socks!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diana. The tension and upcoming doctor visits are getting to me. I am looking forward to just relaxing for two days. I love the socks too So cute!

      Delete
  2. So glad that you are taking good care of yourselves by getting away for some down time. The photos are lovely...excellent perspective. I think those socks are the cutest things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vee. I am looking forward to getting away for sure.

      Delete
  3. I love to look around at Ross too. Never know what you might find. Those bird lamps....oh my, they are CUTE!!
    You are coming my way....have a great time. I don't want to take time away from what you have planned, but someday I'd love to meet you and Joe. I hope the weather is nice. This week will be lots of showers. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's see if we can make that meeting happen!

      Delete
  4. I like visiting Ross too, and enjoyed shopping with you. Hope you get everything done so that you can enjoy being away and having some rest and relaxing times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got nothing done today. I slept all day. So I have to get busy tomorrow and Wednesday.

      Delete
  5. We have a Ross and Marshall's next to each other. I go to Marshall now and then but we rarely go into Ross. I'll have to take a look in there next time! You found some really cute things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Marshall's but we don't have one around here. I go with my sister when I visit her. Ross is the next best thing.

      Delete
  6. I'm glad you're going on a little trip just for fun. We need to do that soon too. What neat things in that store. I've only been in one once or twice. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, make plans to go on a fun trip. It really helps with the stress level in life.

      Delete
  7. I loved shopping with you! Such neat things. Got a tip for you on the coffee mug. Get it & then trade another one out.I have my 'daily'mug but when I see one I like,I picture what I have at home.Then donate one to a thrift store or charity auction.One in---one out!
    Overjoyed you both are getting away!You deserve it.Rest,relax & enjoy! (I personally love having room service as an option.It's like restaurant in my jammies!)
    Hugs & love!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.