Thursday, December 24, 2015

WHAT I'M READING





THE NINE LIVES OF CHRISTMAS by Sheila Roberts
(2011)

When a guy is in trouble, he starts making deals with his Creator... and Ambrose the cat is no exception.  In danger of losing his ninth and final life, Ambrose makes a desperate plea to the universe.  He'll do anything -- anything! -- if he can just survive and enjoy a nice long, final life.  His prayer is answered when a stranger comes along and saves him -- but then Ambrose is faced with having to hold up his end of the bargain.

The stranger turns out to be a firefighter named Zach, who's in need of some serious romantic help.  If Ambrose can just bring Zach together with Merilee, the nice lady who works at Pet Palace, it's bound to earn him a healthy ninth life.  Unfortunately for Ambrose, his mission is a lot harder than he ever thought.  Merilee is way too shy to make the first move on a ladies' man like Zach, and Zach thinks he's all wrong for a nice girl like Merilee.  Now it's going to take all of Ambrose's feline wiles -- and maybe even a good old-fashioned Christmas miracle -- to make them both realize that what they're looking for is right in front of their eyes.


I read this because I had just watched the movie made from this book.  Let me tell you, they are both good but they are NOTHING alike except for the names of the characters.  Go figure.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds really good! I guess you got the book from the library? I think I'll request it. I could really use a feel-good,cozy read....appreciate the review.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.