Tuesday, December 8, 2015

I LOST MY HUSBAND!

I went into work late today because Joe had an appointment at the Veterans Administration Medical Center this morning.  I got him there in plenty of time (1/2 hour early) and saw all these cars leaving so knew there was no parking.  I knew his appointment was for 10:30, figured they would make him wait, and that his appointment would last an hour.  So I made my way into the parking lot.


I drove through the entire thing once and it took me about 20 minutes.  There were no spaces anywhere.  I figured Joe was just getting into the office so I went around again.  Still no spaces.  I started to leave to go home and then decided to go around one more time.  This time I found a space.  I had been driving through the garage for over an hour.


 I went up to the 4th floor to the clinic and they said he had left quite awhile ago.  I went to Neurology thinking since he missed his last appointment he might have gone there to make a new one, but no such luck.  I went downstairs and searched through the PX and the Canteen.  I went to Starbucks and searched outside.  I went to the police station and had him paged.  Nothing.

I didn't know what to do, so I went back to the car and went home.  I was so upset and crying as I drove.  I didn't know what to do.  I called my friend, Debbie, from the car but she didn't know what to do either.

When I got home, I opened the door and heard Joe say, "Hi, honey.  Where were you?"  Where was I?!  It turned out that he had just gotten home a few minutes before me.  His appointment lasted about 15 minutes.  When he didn't see me, looked around the hospital and couldn't find me, so he thought I went home.  He didn't have my cell phone number, so called home and left a message for me that he was taking the bus home.  Of course I didn't get that message because I was still driving around the parking lot for another 45 minutes.  I was so relieved to see him!

He had gone to 30th Street Station (the major transportation hub in Philly) to get a train to go home.  While there he stopped at Au Bon Pain and got danish and chocolate rolls.  Then he saw a flower stand and got flowers for me.


 I ate a danish and then went to work.  But I have never been so relieved to see someone in my life!

P.S.  Sorry I didn't get a chance to call you back, Debbie.  It was insane at work.  But I heard you talked to Joe.  So here's the end of the story for you.  Thank you so much for being there for me.

The Christmas movie on Monday was "The Santa Suit" (2010).  It was a completely different kind of movie.  When it started, I thought, "Oh another one of these Santa movies."  Boy was I wrong.  It was not at all what I expected and I was glued to it all the way through.


Tuesday's movie was "The Santa Incident" (2010).  If I thought Monday's movie was different, this was even more so.  It was more of a suspense thriller than a Christmas movie.  So very, very good.  And unexpected.


And here is the Christmas picture for today.  So pretty!


And that's it.  I have to go to bed.  So much to do this week.

Until later...

Kathy
23 days to retirement 

5 comments:

  1. Anytime,my friend. Glad it all worked out & he is safe! Flowers are gorgeous.
    Have a beautiful,blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scary -Freaky!!
    What a nice surprise for all your worry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have been crying too! Glad all worked out well and you got danish and flowers as well !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, If that had been me and Teddy...by the time I found him I would be bald and once I found him he would be too. LOL. Oh my gosh girl. Get those numbers transferred into each other's phones. Have a spot for drop off and pick up. Blessings to both you and Joe...take care of each other. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have nightmares of getting lost or not being able to find someone. I'm glad it worked out. Wish I had watched some of these movies. I should write them down! Thanks for stopping by and entering my giveaway. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.