Wednesday, December 2, 2015

GOODWILL TUESDAY


I took a vacation day on Tuesday to try  to get some things done.  I asked my friend Debbie if she  would like to go to Goodwill with me.  She said yes and she had things to donate.  Joe wanted to go too.  So the three of us headed off.



We got there around 11 a.m.  We had never been to the donation center but found it easily.  It was really nice.  A guy came out to the car to help us with the bags we had.  A look inside showed everything was very organized and clean.  As I go through things in the next month I am going to get some donation bags together for them.

Then we went inside.  I was looking for a few things.  Mainly I wanted candle holders for the white candles that go with the Advent wreath.  I found just what I was looking for.  There was one small saucer shape for 99 cents and two taller ones for $1.99.  I couldn't  decide so decided to get them all.  Then I found a pretty red bowl that I will use as a Christmas gift.  Wandering around I saw on the end of one of the  clothes racks this pretty spring wreath.  It was only $2.99  so I got it to put away until April or so.  I also found a DVD of the movie "Sliders".  For $1.99 I got it.  I wanted Joe to  watch it.  We can always donate it to the library later if we don't want to keep  it.  Unfortunately when I got home, I found that the one candle holder that I wanted for church was not in the bag.  I don't know what happened to it.  There was a mix-up when I was checking out with the register going down and a little snowman figurine getting  latched  onto the wreath.  (Debbie later bought him because he was so cute and wanted to go home with one of us.)  So I guess  in all the confusion it was overlooked.   I  know I paid for it  but it was  only  99 cents so  I don't mind.  The only trouble is now I have to get another candle holder.

I couldn't pass up this pretty wreath.


After we got out we headed for Friendly's for lunch.  Debbie got a chicken wrap and Joe and  I got  burgers.   The food is really good.  I was glad Joe had a chance to get out of the  house and enjoy the day.




Next we headed to Supercuts for Joe to get a haircut.  We left him off and Debbie and I went to Bellagio's Jewelers to get  a couple of watch batteries.  While we were waiting, we looked around.  Such beautiful things.  There were a couple of diamond and ruby rings I really loved.  And the turquoise bracelets were wonderful.  It's a good thing I don't have a lot of money or I would be broke buying all the things I want.


We took Debbie home and then headed home ourselves.  I was very tired and laid down for a little nap.  Five hours later I woke up and realized that I hadn't made dinner yet and it was 9 p.m.  I got up and threw something together.  I had pork chops, sweet potato patties and sautéed Brussels sprouts.  We finished up the coconut cream pie for dessert.  Everything was good but I hate eating that late.


I stayed up a little bit, then went back to sleep.  And I could go to sleep now, folks, but I'm at work so you know I can't.

My movie Tuesday was "Sleeping Beauty" (1959).  One of my all-time favorites.  It was wonderful.  I am enjoying seeing animated films.



And starting today I am posting a Christmas picture each day that really speaks to me.  I hope you like them too.  I am mostly getting them from facebook.


And that's it for today.  I'll try to catch up with everything tomorrow morning.

Kathy
30 days to retirement

















5 comments:

  1. It sounds like you three had a wonderful day---except for losing the candleholder. It didn't get packed in with your friend's stuff, did it?
    I don't think I ever saw the movie Sliders but I have seen the old Sleeping Beauty several times. I like the newer version, too.
    I'm with you- I don't like eating that late either. I always feel stuffed going to bed then.
    Hope you have a great night, Kathy. xo Diana
    ps- LOVE that Christmas picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, So glad you , Joe and your friend all had a fun time. 30 days to retirement..wow..It's going to be good for you. I know you will find plenty to do. Blessings. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad about the candle holder.....love that red bowl!
    Lunch looks delish!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just donated some items in a Make a Wish drop box in a parking lot close to where I work. Less stuff in my house. I know there's more to go soon as well. Your items look nice. Sorry you missed the candle holder accidentally. No fun making it home without it, huh? Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed the day. It was great to donate & get stuff out of my house.Sorry about the holder. Wish it had been in with my things... I really had fun spending time with you & Joe. Maybe we'll do it again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.