Friday, June 7, 2013

RAINY DAY

I had plans for today.  Our yard guy, Frank, was going to come over and cut the grass.  He was going to get rid of the ivy that is overgrowing the yard and choking everything out.  He was going to deadhead the roses, plant some things, and weed.  In fact, he was going to dedicate the entire day to helping me get things in shape.

I had plans for this morning.  I was going to take my Bible, my cup of tea and my reading book and sit outside at the table and read.  I thought it would be refreshing and would help me start to feel like myself again and not an invalid.

Instead we got the end of Tropical Storm Andrea.  Let me show you.  (Please ignore the part where I turned the camera by accident.)  According to the weather forecasters we are getting 1 inch of rain each hour.


This morning I went to Wawa to get some money out of the ATM and to pick up some eggs and a couple of breakfast sandwiches. I did OK driving, but the seat belt went right over the incision and it was PAINFUL!  So I am going to get a little pillow or something like that to put at that place to protect me.  But it was so good to get out.

When I changed the dressing this morning I looked to see how many stitches I have.  It looks like 12.  It really is the largest incision I have ever had.  No wonder the seat belt hurt it!

Guess I'll take another little nap now before dinner.  That's all I do all day, take naps.  But I'm sure I need them or I wouldn't be able to fall asleep.  Talk to everyone later.

2 comments:

  1. Go slow my friend and don't try to rush it. If you are napping and sleeping you need it. Don't push too hard!! We have had so much rain here this year it is not funny. The ground is saturated and just can't hold any more. Needless to say the little creeks around us have been flooding. I never got my garden in this year because of all the rain. :-( I put a couple of pictures up of my office today, check them out.

    Blessings, Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, we have rain coming this way starting Monday and it looks like we are going to have almost a full week of it. That doesn't make me happy.

    12 Stitches..OUCH!!! Your body knows what you need. If it says nap then nap friend. It's all part of the recovery process.

    Hope you have a good relaxing Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.