Wednesday, June 12, 2013

BACK TO WORK AGAIN

I'm on my lunch break right now and thought I would take this opportunity to update my blog.  I know it's been a couple of days since I posted, but it's not because anything is wrong.

I went back to work on Monday.  It was tough and I really didn't want to be here.  I started feeling like myself on Sunday and so decided that Monday was the day to do it.  It was strange being here, but after about an hour I was back doing my thing.  Amazing how you remember everything when you are working and forget the whole shebang when you are gone.

Actually, it was a slow day and I did OK.  I was a little stiff, but things went well.  I even made dinner when I went home from work -- hamburgers with lettuce, tomato, sauteed onions, and melted cheddar cheese.  It was good!  I must do it again.  Also, I threw some frozen french fries in a pan of olive oil and seasoned them with some seasoned salt and some pepper.  It was an easy dinner which was just what I needed.

Yesterday work was busier.  I was moving around more and started hurting.  I tried to take it easy, but ended up having to take some Tylenol for the pain.  It was my late night at work, so I took a peanut butter sandwich with me for dinner and actually went to bed around 8:30 p.m. when I got home.  Even though I was in bed early, I didn't get to sleep until around 2:00 a.m.  Go figure.

Today has been really nice.  Just a few people in.  The library is silent (the way it's supposed to be).  But it won't stay that way for long.  The kids will be coming in after school in about an hour and they will be very noisy.  I'm glad the kids come in rather than be running the streets and getting into trouble.  But a nice quiet morning of older people is just fine too.

I'm planning on having flounder for dinner tonight with some summer squash and some rolls.  Then I want to start doing some major cleaning.  I figure if I can do it for about 20-30 minutes each night, it will get done.  I keep telling myself that doing something is better than doing nothing.  Let's see if it works.

4 comments:

  1. You have been through a lot since I've been gone! I just read all you posts from before I left! Wow!
    And your sister???? How is she doing?

    Back to work. Funny how it's like you never left, when you get back into the swing of things. Hope your afternoon goes smoothly.

    By the way, I like that word "shebang". Might have to throw that one around in a post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your meals always make me hungry. They sound so yummy! I agree on the 'easy' meals. When the weather is so hot/humid,who wants to cook a big meal? Even though I LOVE to cook,the kitchen heat takes away my appetite.
    You will probably be sore for a bit longer.I'm always undecided if using the area affected helps it heal(by toughening) or just makes it more sore....the jury is
    still out on that one. Care to vote?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you are back to a routine.. but you really need to just take it easy girly...
    your hamburgers sound so delicious..... makes me want to make some too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless your heart! Just pace yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.