Saturday, March 30, 2013


I so wanted to go to a Good Friday service today.  I was feeling better, but still not 100% so it just didn't happen.  But that didn't mean I didn't worship at home with Joe.  We had a nice devotional time on the subject.

Yes I am feeling better.  Sleeping until 10:30 a.m. this morning helped, I'm sure.  And getting a shower, washing my hair and brushing my teeth all added to the good feeling.  I haven't been allowed to shower until today because I couldn't get the incision wet.  I feel like a person again.

I came home from the hospital with this bandage on my arm:

I am graduated today down to this:

It is a lot more comfortable.  And tonight I went down even further to a bandaid.  We'll see how that goes, but so far so good.  I am even typing with both hands tonight.  So much faster.  But I can't do it for too long, so this will probably be very short.

My other arm has a bruise from the IV:

And last night I fell and this morning noticed that I had broken my toe!

I really look like I've been through a war!  But in a couple of weeks everything will be back to normal.  I hope...

My friend Carol came over today and drove me to Rite Aid and Wawa.  It was payday so I wanted to get some money out.  And I needed some things for Easter.  I can't drive until tomorrow so that was really nice of her.

It was so warm and pleasant today.  I had the front door open and the screen in to get some fresh air in the house.  It's always nice to do that after having the house closed up all winter.  But it was very cloudy.  I loved, though, seeing the birds all lined up on the electric/telephone lines.
 I got some of the living room cleaned up today.  I did a lot of laying down/resting in between picking things up, but it looks a lot better.  And Joe and I got the refrigerator done this evening.  I really wanted that done because tomorrow is trash day and I wanted to put everything out then.  Things are coming along here in the "sick house" as I call it.  Me with my injuries and Joe still having the pain in his mouth.  Ugh!!!

Got to go to bed and get some sleep.  Until later folks....


  1. So glad things are progressing--don't forget to be nice to yourself!! Thankful there were no problems with the surgery.
    Happy Easter.

  2. Thank you Carolyn. I am taking it easy for sure. Thanks for all your nice comments on my blog. I hope you have a nice Easter.


Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.