Monday, April 1, 2013

HAPPY EASTER


Our front window

Hope you all had a great day today.  My day began in church (of course).  Pastor Justin's family was visiting him from Auburn, NY and they helped him with the worship music this morning.  It was awesome!  His brother played the drums, his sister played the flute, Pastor Justin played the guitar and Elder Bud played the piano.  We were all complimenting them and telling them we wished they lived closer so they could do this every week!

Allie, Pastor Justin, Craig

Bud and Allie
 Joe was the elder to do the prayer and scripture reading today.

I wanted to get a picture of us together in our Easter outfits, but everyone wanted to talk to Joe and then the person I was going to ask to take it left.  It got later and later.  Then Joe had to go into a meeting with one of the other elders and the pastor.  I quick grabbed him and took a picture of us together.  It's not the best ever, but at least it's a picture.  Boy do I look like my mom in this.

After church we ran to Shop Rite and finished up the shopping for dinner.  Then we finished cleaning up the house.  Well...  as much as we had time to do anyway.  Let's just say it looks a lot better than it did.  I am not a good housekeeper and have never claimed to be.  But I do my best.  Unfortunately, doing my best has given me a great deal of pain in my wrist.  I just can't seem to win.

Joe gave me a beautiful egg for Easter.
 
He always finds the greatest eggs.  He gives me a new one each year.  Here is the first one he gave me a few years back.  It is a blown out chicken egg that has been painted in the Ukrainian style.  Of course I have to have a Pooh bunny with it.  I love Pooh.

Thought I'd show you the wreath on my door too.  I think it's so pretty.

Walt and Carole came for dinner.  I made ham, asparagus and mashed sweet potatoes.  They brought vegetable soup and tons of desserts.  Everything was so good and I was really stuffed!

My sister, Elaine, is here visiting me too.  We are going to have so much fun tomorrow.

I have more pictures to show you, but I really have to end and get to bed.    Tomorrow is another day.  Wait till you see what we do.
 

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful Easter friend! Glad you got to spend it with family and friends. I love the gift from Joe. Sounds like he's pretty thoughtful. Enjoy your sister time. Can't wait to hear what you gals get into tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a way to spend Easter! With the ones you love! Looking forward to what you do tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Joe have such wonderful traditions, like the Easter Egg.
    Thanks for sharing your treasures.

    I had to laugh when you said you looked like your mom in the picture. Every once in awhile I hear my mom's voice come out of my mouth! I know I sound like her. And my mom's sister, too (my Aunt). Weird...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great service. I was remembering a sunrise service I attended in a park.It was very moving & beautiful. I hope to attend one again.
    The egg is gorgeous!Joe sure can pick egg-cellent gifts,ha ha!
    Enjoy your sister time; can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful Easter you had!! That is neat... I am so worn from this Easter break that I just want to sit and take it all in... ahh..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.