Saturday, March 9, 2013

THE WEEK IN REVIEW

I have been such a bad blogger lately.  I am so tired all the time and just can't seem to get myself together to do it.  The day is just beginning and I'm just getting up, so I'm well rested and thought I'd try to catch up some.

I didn't mention that because I did not have my procedure I was able to go to Joe's aunt's funeral last Saturday.  I sat with my mother-in-law and she was surprisingly nice and thoughtful.  OK who stole my mom-in-law and where are you hiding her?  Usually she is all about herself and that day she was trying to take care of me.  She's even called a couple of times to see how I am doing.  I like the new and improved Mary Ann!

It was the strangest funeral I have ever been to.  One of Joe's cousins said the "thank you for coming" bit and then if you had a story about Aunt Julie, you stood up, told your story and then sat down.  After about a half hour the same cousin said, "We appreciate your stories about our mom.  Have a nice day."  Strange.  Very, very strange.

I showed you the picture of the empty street in front of the library on Monday.  But on Tuesday it was back to this:
 Just ignore the date.  It's really not May 23, 2034.  In fact it's not even 2034!  Ha, ha.  The date went strange on my camera.  I hope it's fixed now.

Speaking of work, I took this picture on the way to work on Tuesday when I stopped for a red light.  I love seeing the buildings on my way to work.  I was trying to show you how the sun was glinting off of them, but it didn't show up.
 
Tuesday night is my late night so I try to have something quick and easy for dinner.  I made up this recipe for what I am calling "Mediterranean Pasta".  I cooked some penne (but you could use any kind of pasta).  While it was cooking I put some olive oil in a skillet and added black olives sliced in half, grape tomatoes (cut in half) and some chick peas.  I added some basil and parsley and stirred it all together until it was warm.  Then I put the cooked penne in with the veggies and mixed them together.  It was very good.  But I think I would add some minced garlic next time.

Also on Tuesday I got a call from my dentist who wanted to set up an appointment for my cleaning since my heart stent was in.  I told her I didn't even have the procedure yet.  She said she had talked with my cardiologist and he said it was a done deal.  So then I talked with him.

He insisted that I MUST have the cardiac catheterization.  I told him it was a horrible experience and I absolutely would not have that doctor touch me.  So he arranged for another doctor to do it.

This new doctor sounds wonderful.  He is the director of the department, has two masters and three doctorates.  Joe read his background and said he's a genius.  I even spoke with one of his patients who highly recommended him.  He is very good with nervous patients and tries to make you as comfortable as possible.  We'll see, but at least I'm willing to give him a try.

Originally I was scheduled for April 17th, but I reconsidered and moved it up to March 27th.   I have been having nightmares about it and am under a lot of stress.  So I figure the sooner the better.  There will be a few things I cannot do at work because they are going in through my wrist and I have to be careful not to tear out the stitches.  But everyone is willing to work with me for a week or two so I will be able to go back right after Easter.

We were going to go to the Flower Show today, but I'm really not up to it.  I think I will be cleaning the house (at my own pace) and going grocery shopping.  We don't need very much, so it should be a fast trip.

Tomorrow is Charter Day in Pennsylvania.  It's when William Penn received a land grant from the King of England to start a new colony.  There is a big celebration at William Penn's house, Pennsbury Manor.  I went a couple of years ago and had a great time.  But Joe was not with me, so we are going to try to go tomorrow.  You can read about last time here and here.

Well, off to start my day.  It's 10:30 a.m. and I still haven't gotten myself together.  See everyone later!

5 comments:

  1. Oh how I like the way you took control of your health. Look what it got you, a better Dr. Yeah!

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be good to get it over with! It has hungover your head so long! Glad you have a new doctor to do it!

    LOVE that pasta salad pic. I had something similar yesterday. YOURS looked so yummy!

    Pace yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy so glad you getting in health in order..girl, you think thats a strange funeral?..you. haven't been to any of my famlies..haha..have a good weekend. .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you have found another doctor. Praying that this one puts your mind at ease a bit about the procedure.

    I've been a bad blogger lately too. I just can't find TIME!!!!

    Hope your having a nice weekend friend. Can't wait to hear about the celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Horray for a new doctor! He sounds like he's a definate upgrade from the last one.
    I'd never heard about Chater Day. It sounds like a lot of fun.
    Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.