Tuesday, March 19, 2013

WHAT A SURPRISE



I fell asleep last night before I could put things together for our Bible Study this morning.  So I got up at 6:30 a.m. and got all the handouts typed upI was going to make cupcakes, but unfortunately I just didn't have time to do it.  So on the way to pick up my friend, Deb, I stopped at Dunkin' Donuts and got some muffins.  I got two pumpkin, two coffeecake and two corn.  They were a big hit.

I was really impressed with the store.  It is attached to the BP gas station.  I had never been there before.  It is so clean and attractive and the people are so helpful and want to wait on you.  The muffins were so delicious too.  I will definitely be going back.

After Bible Study I straightened up the living room because a technician was coming to set up our new internet service.  Joe found that if he got Verizon it would be free with our phone service.  Free is good.  And a lot cheaper than what we are paying Sprint.

It turns out that the wireless router they gave us is not working correctly with our lines.  We can connect with the network, but we can't get any internet service.  Joe called Verizon and no one can figure out why we can't get on the internet.  They will call us back in 2 to 3 days when they figure it out.  I am glad we still have the Sprint and it is still working.

When I got to work today I found out that there was absolutely no water in the building.  We have been getting by the last two weeks with faucets and a water fountain that worked, but no bathrooms.   Yesterday the faucets were running very slowly and the water in the drinking fountain was rusty looking.  Today, nothing.  We had the choice of taking vacation time or going to another library.  Sheila went to Fishtown Branch.  Walt went to Widener Branch.  Diane was still on vacation and it wasn't Marquita's day to work.  Jerry, Bob and I elected to stay at Richmond until 4 p.m. and then take vacation the rest of the day, tomorrow and Thursday.  So surprise!  A nice little vacation we didn't expect.  I'm so glad I had those extra vacation days.

We got so much done in the four hours we were there.  It's amazing what you can do when you don't get interrupted by the public every 5 minutes.  I think I am completely caught up!

I am looking forward to this unexpected day off.  I have so much cleaning to do to get ready for company on Easter so I am going to use this to great advantage.  Also, Joe has been having a lot of seizures, so I am glad to be home to keep an eye on him.

I'm going to end for now.  I want to watch the Duggars in Asia.  It's really interesting since Joe was stationed in Japan for a year and part of my family comes from China.  So cool to see the housing and food.  Until later...   

5 comments:

  1. Just think, if you did have time to bake, you wouldn't of found out about
    Dunkin' Dounuts! Sounds like a great backup for just about any baking necessaries. I know I'd be visiting just for the coffeecake.

    Free is my favorite price! Way to go Joe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you believe I've never been to a Dunkin' Donuts. We have a Jolly Pirates about an hour away and I LOVE it but I forget to stop every time I'm down that way.

    Yay for unexpected vacation!!!!
    Enjoy your days off my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's nice to get a little unplanned vaca! Enjoy:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dunkin Donuts you can't find them in a grocery store~~~

    I did not know Verizon was free with phone service Humm good to know.. We have two separate ones.. Time warner and Sprint.. good to know... enjoy your day off.. and relax you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can vouch for those muffins.Delicious!!
    I cannot imagine being without
    water. It was great that you got to have a mini-vacation. And caught up on work too! What a day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.