Monday, March 11, 2013

WHAT A LAZY WEEKEND!


Ever have one of those weekends?  I have not been feeling all that great, but still pushing myself to go to work, do stuff around the house, etc.  So this weekend, with the beautiful weather, became my lazy down time.  I just couldn't force myself to do anything.

Well, of course I did do some things.  I did wash.  I did dishes.  I cooked.  I read books.  I watched TV.  And I became addicted to a new computer game that I ended up buying. 

I very seldom become enamored of games.  I will play for a few minutes and then move on to something else.  But this time I played for 3 hours!  When I looked at the clock I totally could not believe how much time had passed.  I can't be playing that game very often.  But it was just what I needed this weekend.  I have been so stressed out with all my health issues and when I was playing "Barn Yarn" I completely forgot about feeling bad, the upcoming procedure, etc.  I ended up relaxing which is probably just what my body needed.

We had an amazing service at church yesterday.  I am so glad I went.  Not only did I get to hang out with some of my friends, but the message on the Prodigal Son was unbelievably good.  I took so many notes and I am going to read over them a couple of times this week.  There was so much to absorb.

Joe wasn't feeling well yesterday.  He is fighting a sore throat.  So we ended up not going to Pennsbury Manor.  We will go when he is feeling better.  But we did make plans last night with our friends Karen and Bud to go on our second annual Joe and Bud birthday get away.  Last year we went to Ocean City to celebrate their birthdays and had a blast.  We are going to a different shore this year and expect to have an even better time.  By getting one suite with two bedrooms and two bathrooms and splitting the cost, it makes it affordable for everyone.  I am really looking forward to it.

I'm back to work today.  The water in the place is running very, very slow because of the work they are doing outside.  You can use the water fountain and wash your hands, but the toilets aren't flushing well.  This makes for an interesting day.  But it's already almost 2 p.m. (the day is going so fast!) so just another three hours and I'm heading home.  I think I can make it.

I made a pork roast last night with roasted potatoes, onions and carrots.  It turned out good.  So tonight I think I will have left over roast pork and cook some string beans with it.  I don't like to hold onto left overs for too long because I forget about them and they end up getting thrown out.  That's money in the trash as far as I'm concerned.

But in any case my lunch hour is over so I have to head on back to our wonderful patrons.  (Some of them are.)  So have a nice day everyone!

6 comments:

  1. You sure do love to cook. Yummy good stuff too! Your neighbors must go crazy from the aromas. Does anyone ever pop their head in and ask for a sample? hee hee That would be me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My next door neighbors are great cooks too. We often make things for each other. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of bam yam maybe I should check it out...yeah like I need, yet another distraction...oh brother! Here I go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had never heard of it either. But now I can't stop playing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rather than call it a lazy weekend
    why not a 'pamper' weekend? we all deserve time to do things that are just 'us'.
    Celebrating the double birthdays at the shore sounds like fun. When I was a little girl our family & my aunt's rented a house
    in Wildwood. It was neat sharing with my cousins.
    I enjoy cooking too. I think I'll make manghetti tonight. That's using Manwich instead of tomato sauce.My husband raves about it!
    I hope Joe feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you were able to RELAX!!!!
    I'm sure your body needed that.

    Your 2nd Annual Birthday Celebration sounds awesome. What a fun idea.

    Hope your having a good week my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.