Thursday, March 7, 2013

THE LIEBSTER AWARD



Marissa over at High Heels and Daffodils awarded me the Liebster award.  Thanks, Marissa!  This is actually my first award!

Marissa explained that this is a sort of “Pay It Forward” kind of award.

Here are the rules for accepting the Liebster award:
1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, and then

create 11 new questions for the chosen bloggers.
3. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.

4. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
5. No tag backs.

Okay, part one:  11 random facts about me!
  1. I love reading.  I read about 4 or 5 books a month, approximately one a week.  I don't like long books, though.  I like books that move right along.
  2. I am the oldest of 10 kids and love that I can tell them that I was the only one that was an only child.  They, however, come back with my parents kept trying and improving each time.  Ha, ha.
  3. I love that my name is spelled "Kathryn" and not "Katherine" or "Katharine".  I like the way my name looks.  I know -- I'm strange.
  4. Although I love my job, I am SO looking forward to retiring in two years.  There is so much of life and the world I want to see and do.
  5. I love roses and and when I was looking to buy a house one of the criteria was that it have a yard with rose bushes.
  6. I am a shorty at only 5'1".  I wish I were taller.  It's hard to reach things on high shelves.
  7. I knew Joe for 16 years before we got engaged.  We were best friends.  It just goes to show that it really does pay to marry your best friend.
  8. Even though I love the country and the shore, I am a real city person.  Being in the hustle and bustle of the city is so invigorating to me.
  9. My favorite TV show right now is "Love It Or List It."  But my favorites change all the time.
  10. I am lactose intolerant.  So is Joe.  It makes it difficult to eat out because we never know if there is hidden milk or cheese in a dish we order.
  11. My favorite job  of all  time was when  I was an proofreader/administrative  assistant  for scientific publications at the Academy of Natural Sciences here in Philly.
And now for part two:  Marissa's questions for me.
1. How did you come up with your blog name?
     I was going through a major health issue -- facing major  surgery and literally being on the point of dying.  If I hadn't had the surgery I would have died.  I  was so sick and so tired and I kept thinking about my life.  I thought about how  life is a trip.  And so I came up with Kathy's Trip Through Life.  It was a way to keep everyone updated without having to repeat  myself over and over.
2.  Are you a realist or an idealist?
     I think I'm a realist.  I tend to see things as they are, not as they could be.
3.  What is your biggest pet peeve?
     This is a hard one.  There are several things up there.  I think right now the biggest thing is rude and misbehaving children and teenagers.  Or maybe it's people who think they know how to do my job better than I know how to do it even though I've been doing the same thing for 17 years.
4.  Are you a saver or a spender?
     Definitely a saver.  To a fault!
5.  Are you a  touchy feely person?
     A definite no.  Although if someone else is, I will give them a hug back.
6.  What would you do with your life if nobody was watching, judging or commenting?
     Exactly what I am doing now.
7.  What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
     Vanilla with peanut butter.  My favorite flavor of  Polish Water Ice, though, is mango.
8.  Are you superstitious?  Don't walk under a ladder, black cat crossing your path, a rabbit's foot will bring you luck, etc.
     Not at all.  Some things like throwing spilled salt over my shoulder I do for fun, but I don't believe it will change what happens to me either way.
9.  Do you take morning or night showers?
     Morning.  If I took them at night, it would wake me up and I would never get to sleep.
10.  You get an unexpected check from your insurance company for $1,000.  What do you do with it?
     Probably use it to pay bills.  The story of my life.
11.  What was the last perfume you bought?
     It's been years.  I can't even remember.  Probably "Gloria Vanderbilt."  It's one of my favorites.  What I'm wearing now is one my sister gave me called "Heaven Sent."  Really nice. Most likely I will be buying another bottle of this when it runs out.

Here are my 11 questions for my friends to answer:

1.  How long have you been blogging?
2.  Who do you most admire?
3.  Left- or right-handed?
4.  You have 24 hours to be by yourself and do whatever you'd like.  What would you do?
5.  Are you named after anyone?  Or do you have your own unique name?
6.  Which is your favorite season?  Why?
7.  Have you ever visited any foreign countries?
8.  You can have anything for dinner that catches your fancy.  What do you ask for?
9.  Shore or mountains?  Or maybe someplace else?
10.  Can you swim?
11.  What is your favorite cookie?
 
I don't have 11 blog friends with less than 200 followers to send this to.  So I will name some of my favorites and hope you will play along.  But if you don't want to do it, that's perfectly fine by me.  Thanks again, Marissa!

Viola at A New Beginning...A New Destiny
Jeriel at Is It Happy Hour Yet?
Jen at Jen's Place
Angie at Life of a Housewife
Christine at Vista Woman

These are great blogs that I enjoy reading.  Actually all of the ones I read are great or I wouldn't be following them.  Hope you all have a great day today.

4 comments:

  1. What thought-provoking questions!
    Made me think....I'm not a blogger
    just a friend. Wouldn't it be great if people could just meet & get acquainted like this? Maybe there wouldn't so much nastiness in the world....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy loved your answers that is awesome!!! Thanks!!
    I knew my husband for 20 yrs before marring him too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sweet friend!

    First off, congrats on your first award! Yipeee! :) Also, thanks for including me in your fun. I can't wait to participate in it soon.

    It was so fun to read your answers and learn lots of new things about you.

    I hope your weekend goes great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun reading your answers and your questions.

    Some really good ones...

    I think I forgot that you lived in Phila. Wait. maybe we talked about this. We talked about where you went to church or that I had gone to one outside of Philly at one point.

    But for sure. I AM NOT a city girl.
    Take me (keep me) far, far away from there. ;) The problem is... is that it is creeping it's way here closer and closer. (sigh!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.