Sunday, March 17, 2013

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY


Our front window

Hope you all had a lovely day today.  Everyone is Irish today, aren't they?

I began the day by making Joe and I "Egg In The Hole" for breakfast.  Do you know what that is?  I learned it from the Pioneer Woman.  You cut a hole in a slice of bread, put it in a pan with a lot of butter, break an egg into the hole and cook it.  Today I took a shamrock cookie cutter and made a shamrock shaped hole in the bread.  We love Egg In The Hole.  It is one of our favorite breakfasts.
 
The hole part is really good too.  Imagine a piece of toast just slathered in butter.

It was my Saturday to work yesterday.  I was thinking how nicely my tulips and daffodils are coming up when I looked out the front door and saw this.

Yes, it was snowing.

And it got heavier as the day wore on.

 By the time we left, it was a major ice storm.  It was tough getting to the car to get home.  And it was tough driving home too.

I made up another pasta dish for dinner last night.  We were going to go food shopping, but you know that didn't happen.   I took a summer sausage and sliced it up (but you could use any kind of sausage or even ground beef), chopped a half an onion, cut some grape tomatoes in half, and added a little bit of minced garlic.  Then I heated it all up in some olive oil.  When everything was pretty well cooked, I added a can of tomato soup and then the cooked penne.  When I plated it I grated some cheddar cheese on top.  It was very good.  I'm getting pretty good at this pasta stuff.

  
Tonight I made a beef rump roast, mashed potatoes and peas.  Not very Irish, but Joe is having two teeth pulled on Thursday and I am saving my stew for then.  He is going to need soft stuff to eat for awhile.

I've got to get going.  Morning (and work) comes early.  Until later, folks.  

5 comments:

  1. Wasn't the big flakes of snow pretty? I was at an SPCA adoption event on Saturday in Blue Bell. The dogs loved the snow! I was handler for a Pomeranian/Chihuahua
    mix & he looked sno-cute! Ha ha!
    I know the sleet/rain/ice was nasty & we're supposed to get more today. Oh well....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, wow that look like big pieces of ice wow!!! You always cook so delicious lucky Joe!!! We didn't do much yesterday go to church and BBQ Texas style...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are getting good at the Pasta. That looks yummy :)

    Hope you all had a nice St. Patrick's Day. We had snow flurries on and off all day here yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catching up with you, today. I agree with all your comments. You can cook a mean meal, any meal!

    Snow? Snow! How are your flowers?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.