Wednesday, October 3, 2012

KITCHEN HELP


When I saw this month's page I was at a loss as to what to write.  All year I have been giving myself these calendar pages as a challenge.  Just like when I was in school and my teacher would assign a topic on which to write an essay.  So I really have had to think hard about this one.

Kitchen help.  If I am cooking, I really don't want help in the kitchen. I like doing things by myself, working things out in my head and then executing them.  But I also know it is important if someone wants to help me to let them.  Joe is really my best helper.  Because he was a cook in the Marine Corps he knows his way around a kitchen.  He knows a dice from a mince.  He knows how to cook things.  And some things he cooks much better than I do.

Kitchen help.  If I am cleaning up, yes!  I definitely like help loading the dishwasher.  Or putting things away.  Since I am so short, I like it if Joe can put things on the higher shelves.  I am always afraid of stretching and not being able to reach and then dropping something and breaking it.  Believe me, I have done it in the past.  Now I either climb a step stool or get someone taller than me to do it.  And my friend, Carol, can clean my stove better than anyone I know.  Boy is she good.  Every once in awhile I will have Carol and Walt over for dinner and she always just jumps in and cleans it for me.  What a gem.

So kitchen help is a touchy subject.  Of course if any of you wants to volunteer to be my personal chef and have dinner on the table when I come home from work, feel free to apply.

3 comments:

  1. What a fun post! Interesting to learn about what others like to do or not do in the kitchen.
    I like to cook on my own too I guess. But for clean up, I love when Steve or Jeven load the dishwasher...I love it when they unload it too! I love a nice clean kitchen, but my biggest problem when I cook is that I'm super messy. So when I'm done cooking, I have pretty much destroyed the entire kitchen! It's not pretty! :)

    But I cannot stand waking up to a messy kitchen, so no matter how messed up it is after I cook a meal, I do always clean it up!

    Hope the rest of your week goes real good Kathy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I think most of us ladies prefer to do our thing in the kitchen.Russ is great about cleanup but I do try to keep it to a minimum.I think one of the helpful kitchen hints is just to encourage the person.The question does make one think.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your calendar put a smile on my face.
    You took the challenge and came out a winner!

    I'll take any kind of help, especially clean-up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.