Wednesday, October 17, 2012

RUNNING

Ever have a day when you find yourself just running from one thing to another?  Well, that was today.  I should have known it would be that way when I overslept by a half-hour.  I was five minutes late for work.

At first the day seemed to be going good.  I got so much done in the hour before we opened.  And when we did open it was slow.  But all of a sudden everyone decided to come in.  And we were busy with phones and people all day.

At lunch time I ran to Rite Aid.  I hadn't had time to pack lunch and I wanted to get a cereal bowl.  Of course while I was there I wanted to look at the 50% off autumn items.  I saw this beautiful glass pumpkin.  I couldn't find a price on it and it was the only one there.  I took it up to the front and asked how much it was.  It was only $4 so I got it.  So very pretty.  Now to find the perfect place to put it.

 Our gardener came over while I was at work.  He did a final cut on the grass before the winter, cut down a couple of weed trees and trimmed back the hydrangea.  It looks nice all ready for winter.  I hate it that there's no color though.  My mums didn't come back this year.  I guess I'm going to buy some more and try again.

I stopped at Wawa on the way home and got a hoagie for Joe and a turkey bowl for me for dinner.  It was good -- tasted just like Thanksgiving.  It has mashed potatoes, stuffing, turkey, gravy and cranberries.  Yum.  What a treat!

I laid down after dinner for a couple of minutes and fell asleep for two hours.  I must really be tired.  So as soon as the wash is done I'm going to go to bed.  See everyone tomorrow.



 

3 comments:

  1. The pumpkin is cute.I,too,check out the discounts.However my'find a place for it' is full!Guess I have to pay closer attention to my space! Ha Ha
    The bowl sounds delicious!!I will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a busy day!

    I ♥ that pumpkin...very cute!

    That turkey bowl sounds SO GOOD. YUMMMM.

    Hope your weekend is great! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.