Monday, October 8, 2012

COLUMBUS DAY

It was really nice having today off from work for the holiday.  Especially since I wasn't feeling well.  My blood pressure was up and I did everything I could think of but couldn't get it down.  It has given me quite a headache.

I felt better later (but still with the headache) so I made a chicken pie for dinner from my new Amish cookbook.  It turned out really good, except I wish I had thickened the gravy a little more.  Next time I will put more flour in than the recipe calls for.  Joe really liked it and told me it was a "keeper".  I didn't have a pie crust in the freezer, so Joe took a cup of Bisquick and 1/3 cup of milk and made a delicious crust.  Oh, my it was nice.  More like a biscuit crust, but very thin.  I do like having a baker/cook as my husband.  He knows so many tricks in the kitchen that I don't.

Now I am waiting for an apple cake to come out of the oven.  It has about 25 minutes to go.  It is for our Bible study tomorrow.  Another new recipe that I found in the Ladies' Home Journal.  Yes, the Bible study people are my guinea pigs for new recipes.  But then again, they will eat just about anything.

Since I slept most of the day you wouldn't think I would be tired, but I am.  There is so much to do around the house and I've done nothing.  Absolutely nothing.  I must get something done this week.  Halloween is coming and I have nothing decorated!  And I have so many decorations to put out.  Oh well, as Scarlet O'Hara said, "Tomorrow is another day."

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy--
    I hope your blood pressure gets back on track and you feel better soon. Sorry you weren't feeling too good.

    I wish I could make all the yummy homemade things like you guys do! I try sometimes, but usually end up just making the same stuff all the time. Homemade Pot Pies sound so good!

    I hope today is a great day for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be your guinea pig anytime!
    Oh does that apple cake sound good right now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.